Day 28 of the 30 Days of Blogging - Something That Stresses You Out
I think for me, just like soooo many other people, the 'thing' that stresses me out the most is money.... or the lack thereof. Actually, I think it is the only thing that actually stresses me out. Other things frustrate me, some things irritate me, but really, I don't think anything else stresses me out.
I mentioned before that we have come into a financial crunch - some things have happened, and then other things have happened, and then other things. So, money is super tight. We have everything that we need. No one is going with out. We just really have had to manage things better. (I say we, but what I really mean is Kelly. She is the money manager. :) But, we have had to cut back on a lot of things. I cook dinner every night during the week, when we used to eat out once. And our meals aren't as elaborate as they once were. But, they are still good. And really the only complaint is Jarrod on spaghetti night - but that has always been the case. The thing that gets to me the most is having to tell the kids no about things that we have previously been able to do. The ice cream truck is a big one. The kids love it. But, that has become a no - especially when we can get a whole box at the store for the cost of 1.5 items off the truck. And Dairy Queen/Youngs is a Summer time favorite. But, for now, the .50 cent cones at McD's will have to suffice. And the kids really are troopers. The little ones are easy to please, and the big boys understand. I just hate that they have to understand. Ya know?
And I really hate that being on a financial crunch stresses us out. We worry, we fret, we stress. Sometimes to the point that I can see it in how I react to the kids, or how Kel and I act towards each other. And that is what I really hate. And dammit - I need a date night - a night out with the woman I love - with no kids. But that takes money, extra money that we don't have to spare. Yeah, yeah, we could make a picnic dinner and go to the Gorge - but I want a meal that is served to us by someone else - while it's hot! Soon, right? Cause soon, things will turn around. I know it. They just have to.
2 comments:
It's funny. I read your title and immediately answered money.
I agree. It's something that seems to stress everyone out.
Good luck to getting that extra cash and hot meal :)
I will pray for a quick financial turn around for you!
Post a Comment