Day 22 - Favorite City
I have never been to NYC, or Vegas, or San Francisco, or LA, or any of the other big cities. Actually, most of the places I have been have been _____ Beach - I am a beach bum, and that tends to be where I wanna go when planning a vacation. So - I don't actually have a favorite city.
Day 23 - Favorite Vacation
As I said above, I am a beach bum. I love to go to the beach. I love the relaxing sounds of the ocean, the feel of the sand between my toes, the ocean breeze in my hair, the sounds of the waves crashing into shore..... ahhhh - I love it. Just thinking about it sends a little bit of calm over me. And I love that beach vacations are fun for ALL of us. From a newborn baby to a Grandma in her 70's - we all have fun.
I have been to Daytona Beach (several times), Cocoa Beach, Panama City Beach, Myrtle Beach (several times) and the Outer Banks. I have enjoyed each one an extreme amount, and the memories that have been made are priceless! But the Outer Banks is by far my favorite vacation. I have never felt more relaxed, more at home, more peaceful, more in love with the ocean than I did there. It was just an amazing vacation. We rented a house that was steps from the beach. The house was pink, and it was perfect. It had a pool and a hot tub, and more than enough room for all of us that went (my family of 6, Kel's brother's family of 3, my Mom, Kel's parents, and Kel's Grandma). It was perfect. We did a jeep tour in the part of the beach that is not paved, and we got to see wild horses! The area was so very family oriented. There weren't high rise hotels, or strips of touristic restaurants and stores. I didn't see a single bar or strip club. And I kid you not - the area was mostly asleep by 10 o'clock. Kel and I went to dinner one night - and on our way back to the house - we did not pass a single car! It was perfect. By far my most favorite vacation ever.

wild horses that we saw on our jeep tour

we had crazy waves - so much fun
Me and Kel
The Pink House
Me wearing miss Caelyn








3 comments:
That favorite trip could def be one of my favs and I'm not the beach person. aaaaah.
Love the pink house and the wild horses and the jeep tours.
Glad you have so many great pictures so that you can go back and refresh often. between trips.
Travel more.
my word ver. is fartowne :)
I definitely think we need to take your advice and travel more!! And loving your word verification! So fitting!
Any vacation that includes wild horses, a pink house and babywearing is an awesome vacation, in my book!
Post a Comment