Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yep, she's that kind of Mom!

We had conferences at Gryfinn's preschool tonight (yeah, yeah, I know. I haven't even mentioned that he is in preschool - but I promise it will be in one of my previous written in my head blog posts that I will post this month - along with pic's) He is doing great! Super friendly, very eager to learn, and just so excited to be there each day. She said starting in January she will start going through a checklist of what they need to know to start kindergarden, that way we will have time to work on things before he goes for his screening.

After we leave there, we head to the store. We needed milk, waffles and syrup, bagels and vitamin water. We check out and walk to the car. Kelly puts Caelyn in her seat, which is in the 3rd row, I load the groceries into the car, and then get Gryfinn out and Kelly buckles him in. Then Kel and I get in and buckle. Total time like 1 min 30 sec. The moment I put the car in reverse, Caelyn says she has to pee - and there is that urgency to her voice. So Kel gets out, reaches over the 2nd row, unbuckles Caelyn, and pulls her over the seat, sets her on the ground, and they walk into the store. It is a store that is on the other end of town, so we don't go to it that often. So she had to walk around a bit to locate the bathroom. And as she is walking around, looking for the bathroom, she looks down at Caelyn walking next to her, and realizes that she does not have any socks or shoes on. Now, if it was mid Summer and 80 degrees, this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but considering it is November and 45 degrees, thats a whole other story! She said she picked her up and carried her the rest of the way. All while trying to hide her feet - they were filthy from walking across the parking lot and the store, and did I mention that is was 45 degrees! Kel said she felt like she was getting 'those' looks from people. I laughed, and said, "yep, you're that kind of Mom!!"

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I think she's a GREAT mom for picking her up.
I'd have been asking her, "where the hell are your shoes?" :)

on another note. GROSS walking in public bathrooms with bare feet.....ewwwww. umm, my kids have done that before. I'm not proud of it and if you ask me I'll deny that it EVER happened.
I'm just saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep a kid with no shoes on, off the floor, whilst holding back to little people from mouthing and touching everything else in the same bathroom. It was feet. or hands. I chose feet. BLAAAAHK

Unknown said...

Yeah public bathrooms and toddlers are just hard period!!! Like KJ said trying to get them to NOT touch something is impossible!!! But this is a FUNNY story :) Glad the preschool thing went great!!!

Tina said...

Oh no not one of those moms!!! LOL Funny....I can just imagine what she was feeling at that moment.