Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Is It Possible?

'Arguing with a teenager is like wrestling in the mud with a pig. Sooner or later you figure out that he/she is enjoying it!' ~ Author Unknown

'Attention teenagers - NO is a complete sentence!' ~ Author Unknown

'Hmm! Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, and they swim all over you.' ~ Sebastian, "The Little Mermaid"

'I am every emotion times ten, I conform yet I am rebellious, always obeying but somehow still an outlaw, always talking but never heard, I am a teenager." ~ Author Unknown


Our oldest is 13 today. THIRTEEN!!! How did this happen? It just doesn't seem possible that he is this old. A freaking TEENAGER?!! Really? We are Mom's of a teenager?! I have been telling him to stop. To quit growing. To stop getting older. I have said "Jarrod, please, if you love me, you won't get any older, any bigger" and then I tried to forbid it. But he hasn't listened, my threats fell on deaf ears. My bribing/persuasion did not work. He continues to grow, and he is now a teenager. A teenager. A teenager - I keep saying that over and over in my head. (Well - actually, in my head it comes out more song like - to the tune of Teen Angel - yeah, I agree - him turning 13 is making me a bit looney - not that anything else in our lives would make me looney - our lives are very sane, non-chaotic, stress free - haha that really has me laughing! :)

I know lots are going to be changing for him. Teenage years are difficult. Your body goes through so much. You are trying to figure out who you are, and deal with what is happening. Hormones go haywire. I know there will be rough patches, but I think we have done a great job raising him. I am hoping that as he continues to get older that he will continue to feel that he can talk to us about anything. And that he knows that we always support him and love him. He has a journey ahead of him, and so do we! (Us, the new parents of a teenager! seriously, is it possible?!!)

Happy 13th Birthday Jarrod. I love you so much!


Jarrod - 13 yrs 5'4 1/2" 102lbs

3 comments:

Montana's mom said...

Happy Birthday Jarrod! I hope the best for all of you in these coming years! May you each find peace in the fact that it will all be over before you know it!

K J and the kids said...

OH wow. to be raising a teenager. I'm scared. Like emotionally and physically S-C-A-R-E-D. I'm glad you'll be blogging all about it. Give me some insight. something to look forward to.

happy Birthday Jarrod.

Doncha kinda wish he was 18...so it would all be behind you :) ha ha

Unknown said...

What a handsome young man you got there! Good luck with the teenage years. It seems like forever away that we will be dealing with that... but in reality I know it will be here before we know it.

Oh and ignore my question about FB. I remembered we ARE in fact friends on there. Sorry!