Thursday, November 18, 2010

whatcha whatcha whatcha want whatcha want

Gryfinn had his appt with the ENT yesterday. He was super nervous - had tears and all on the way. But was fine once we got there. Dr is a pediatric ENT, at the Children's hospital - nothing at all like our dr's office. The staff is more friendly, and then the waiting rooms with the video games and brightly painted walls and colorful decor - and oh so kid friendly! He did great. Did not cry when the dr touched him! He is growing up! And he will be having his tonsils and adenoids removed. We are going to wait until after the first of the year. That way Kel and I can take off the time we need (and get paid for it) and also so our lil man isn't down and out for the holidays. And also so we have time to get things scheduled for Jarrod's surgery. He has to be recircumcised. Now, for those who opt to not have it done, I respect your wishes and your views, and please do the same for us. I will discuss Jarrod's surgery once we know more. But we decided it was best to have them done the same year for deductible purposes. So 2011 is the year. And heck, we figure we might as well have Caelyn and Jayk's tonsils and adenoids out, and should go ahead and have gall bladder and appendix removed from all that still have them - ya know - take advantage of it - if we are gonna hit the deductible, we need to just go all out and have everything done for everyone! What ya think? :)

So, we have been really talking to the kids about Christmas, and what they want. Money is super tight this year, with Kel moving back to days, and we lost out on her night shift differential and also her daytime babysitting money ($600/month) and we were jut getting by losing that money, and then both of the other parents lost and/or quit their jobs in July (loss of another $600/month). So we were lacking their child support for months - one of the other parents got their pension and paid child support up for a year - but with trying to play catchup, and make sure we try and keep some back.... yeah, it just doesn't go that far. So we are trying to really find out what the kids want. We aren't going to buy like we usually do, and just pick up things we think they would like - we want to get them things they really want. Jarrod is all about clothes and cologne and some video games for the Wii. Jayk wants a Pryor jersey, a few toys, and some video games for the Wii. Gryfinn wants moon dough and a pillow pet. Caelyn wants Dora Puppy, that has been all she has asked for - until she saw the ad. The one with the Tinker Bell Cafe. And she wants it. Last night,we were watching a movie with the big boys. And out of nowhere, Caelyn climbs on my lap, pops her binky out, and whispers in my ear "I want Tinker Bell kitchen! And I be Tinker Bell!!" She gets down, and a little later, she climbs back in my lap, pops that binky out again, and whispers "I want Tinker Bell kitchen! I be Tinker Bell! I want Tinker Bell kitchen!!" It was the ABSOLUTE cutest thing! So, now my mission is to find this damn thing! She HAS to have it. She does! I have tried both Walmarts here, and neither one have it. Although online it says that one does have it in stock, but the lady even checked in back and said she couldn't find it. You can't buy it from Walmart online - only in stores. Other places have it, but the cheapest online is $80. And in the Walmart Toy Land book - it is $50. (you can kinda see the price in the pic) but I also verified the price in the online toy land book. So I will be calling and or making a trip to ALL the Walmarts within a reasonable driving distance. Cause she has to have it. She does. I wanted to get it for her anyways, but after last night, and her whispering to me, it was like she was whispering this sweet lil secret to me - now it is my mission to get her this Tinker Bell Cafe!!


This was the day we got the toy book - and she was SO excited!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Well the good news is....my neighbors little 3 year old just had her tons/ad's out and she was GREAT afterwards. Super easy surgery. I think they are really mastering it now days :)
My little Nate man had to have a re-circ. Granted he was little little when they did it...but it was no big deal either. I think pain control has come a long ways.

You'll find it mommy....and if you don't find it for 50.00 You'll pay 80.00...because she is WORTH it and so is that little whispered secret :)

Montana's mom said...

Will be sending prayers for easy recovery for any and all who have surgeries in 2011!!!

I hope you can find the Tinker Bell for Caelyn! If I didn't live clear across the country I would help you look, sorry!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!