Monday, July 22, 2013

Whew!

Today's run was rough. I missed my last beach run on Friday. My right ankle/arch were really sore and walking was difficult. So I don't think I would have been able to complete the run if I had tried. And I also didn't want to make things worse. So I skipped it. And then we were traveling home on Saturday and Sunday. So no running there. And with it being 5 days between runs and my ankle still a little sore and my legs still recuperating from 8 hours of driving on Saturday and 6 hours yesterday.... My legs were not quite up to task. I completed both runs but I had to stop on the walk in between and stretch my legs again. Cause they were like WTF?!! lol And I also jogged at a slower pace than I usually do. So, I did complete it, but I wasn't quite up to par. So I am thinking that for my sake, I will do it again.  Just to prepare my legs for the next run. And I may do it outside. The weather is good here temp wise, but it was raining. And I don't have a water proof case for my phone, and the phone has the app and my music... So, I ran on the treadmill. Oh.... And I miss the beach. A LOT!!! But I'm super glad to be back in my bed. I may need to figure out a way for it to travel with us next time! But then, I would probably never come home. ;)

C25K week 5.2 ~ I smile every time I do this and type in the run that I completed. It makes me feel good. Makes me feel accomplished. And definitely makes me feel proud of myself!!

7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I'm also sorry that you had to come home. The beach and vacation pictures with your kids were awesome.
I hope to join you soon. As we've been on what feels like a month long vacation....I too need to jump back on doing...anything really. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy said...

Congrats on keeping with the C25K! That is so great. I know quite a few people who have repeated weeks because their bodies weren't ready to progress. It was by no means a negative thing, just them listening to their bodies. Keep up the good work. I was hoping the rain would bring a break in the humidity but not so far.

CJ said...

You are trucking right along! Way to go!

DaniKel said...

I really think that Jekyll island is the best beach we have ever gone too! It was just absolutely beautiful! I have only been to beaches on the east coast and the gulf, but it was just beautiful!! I really think we have found an annual vacation spot!! And thanks for the encouragement! I really feel accomplished. :)

DaniKel said...

Thanks Amy! I definitely think that I will repeat his run at least once. It will be better if I get my body more prepared for the next run. We were told that while we were on vacation that it was crazy hot here. I'm glad that it was cooler today!

DaniKel said...

Thanks for all of your encouragement CJ!!!

Amy said...

It was the hottest week of the summer. Our poor son had soccer camp that week at the Bethel fields. No shade except for a pop-up shelter they put up. He made it through but was totally wiped out by the end.