THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US!
This is a song by Alabama, but it means so much more to me than that. This is a song that I believe still connects me with my Dad. Whenever I have needed him, or needed some reassurance, or (even if I didn't know it) needed to feel his love - I would hear this song on the radio. Out of the blue. It would play. The last time I saw A., was on Friday Dec 21. She was sick and in a lot of pain, and it had me so very worried. We had been listening to a Christmas cd in the car, but I had stopped it, cause I wanted my Mom to hear a particular song, and I knew I wouldn't remember the number, and this way, it would start right up on that song. So I was listening to a station that played all Christmas music. I had about a 20 minute drive, by myself, so I prayed. And I prayed to my Dad this time. I prayed that he watch over A., and her family. And I prayed that she not suffer. And I was sitting in the car, waiting, the song came on. My Dad had heard me, and he had answered....
Our friend is back in the hospital. She has been since Dec 18. I went to visit her on the 21st. And she is very sick. Not from the chemo, but from the cancer, and the pain. We were talking about her lesions on her brain, and I asked her how many she has - and she said, 'Honestly Danielle, I have no idea. It was two, and then three, and the last time I asked, it was nine. So I quit asking.' And she was very frustrated that evening when I was there. Due to wonderful insurance, she can no longer go to Pittsburgh, so she was at our local hospital. And the local hospital will not take orders from a Dr out of the state. So she had been seeing a local oncologist. But, he was on vacation. And she does not like any of the other oncologists in the area. So, her family physician was in charge until her oncologist got back from vacation. And the family physician wanted her to call in Hospice, so that she could go home. But, in order to call in Hospice, she had to say that she was done with treatment, and she said No. She is not done with treatment. So, she was in the hospital over Christmas. But she was able to get a pass to go home for 4 hours, so she did get to see her kids and her husband. Her oncologist got back from vacation. And he dropped the bomb. Her cancer is not responding to the chemo at all. And there is nothing more for him to do. A. being the person that she is - did not take this news well, and she did not just sit there on her butt. She called the dr in Pittsburgh, and told him all this. He told her to head to Cleveland, that he has one more thing to try. So she was in Cleveland by Saturday evening. I have not talked to her, or her husband, so I am not sure what is going on now. All I know is that she has Faith. She has Faith that God is going to answer everyone's prayers - and she is not going to just sit back - she is going to fight until those prayers are answered.
I am going to post something above that I have wanted to post before but didn't. And now I know why. The time wasn't right. It is a message, to those in need, to those struggling.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about your friend. She's such an inspiration. I wish I had her courage. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Your friend is in my prayers.
And I love that song....it makes me cry every time.
Thanks for sharing your friend's story. She has such strength and courage. We will send positive energy and prayers her way.
Post a Comment