Here is an update on Junebug!
My disclosure - these are not photos of Junebug - just ones I found via the net!

17 weeks - Hand

17 weeks - Thumb sucker

18 weeks - feet

18 weeks - Profile
First thing I have to say is that I love these ultrasounds that I found. Especially of the hand and the feet. I guess I just find it so absolutely amazing to see these images. So clear, and so perfect. 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. These are always my favorite pic's to see. I am not sure why - maybe it is because I absolutely l0ve newborn, baby, toddler feet and hands. I love to hold Gryfinn's hands, and to feel his hands on my skin - my face, my arms, my belly (loves to blow raspberries on my belly!) . It is so wonderful. And their feet, they are so soft, and so kissable. So seeing these images just melt my heart! (And I don't even know who they belong to!)
Week 17 Junebug was 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 inches in length, amd weighs approximately 3 1/2 ounces. By 18 weeks he/she has grown to 5 - 5 1/2 inches and weighs approximately 5 1/4 ounces. During week 17 fat began to form, which is really important to Junebug's heat production and metablosim. By week 18, Junebug will have mastered the art of yawning. The nervous system is rapidly maturing. The nerves in the brain are further specializing to become the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight and hearing. And speaking of hearing, Junebug is now more conscious of the sounds that come from inside my body. Junebug also has the skill to hiccup now!
I had my 17 week checkup on Dec 31. Everything is right on schedule. Junebug's heartbeat was strong and easily found. (on our monitor it is right at 150bpm) They took blood, for the alpha-fetoprotein test. The poor nurse had a hard time finding my vein, and then an even harder time trying to stick it. She kept apologizing, but she was actually really gentle. She had to start over, and got me the second time right away. She didn't hurt me at all, and only left me with a little bruise. We also scheduled our ultrasound!!!!!! It is this Friday, Jan 11 at 3:15pm!! Kel and I are both so very excited to see our little Junebug for the very fist time! We have decided that we definitely do not want to know! I am super excited about this!! As most of you know - we didn't want to know with Gryfinn either, but the tech screwed up, and showed us his scrotum. For some reason, we were supposed to find out, and were thrilled to know. But waiting is going to be just as exciting! :O) I will scan the pic's and post them as soon as I can!
After the ultrasound, Kel and I are going to go to dinner and a movie. And if my Mom is up to it, we are going to see if she wants to keep Gryfinn over night. (This is Jarrod and Jayk's weekend with their other parents). We have both been sick, and could use a good nights sleep. And I think we could really use a night just the two of us. Things have been hectic over the holidays, and I feel like we need some 'us' time to reconnect.
3 comments:
Ooh how exciting about your ultrasound. You have some patience about not finding out! We can't do it... we just have to know...but that will be so exciting for you.
Have fun on Friday!
I can't wait for your ultrasound and seeing it!! How exciting! Hope you guys have a good night out. :)
YAY! We'll finally get to see the REAL Junebug pics! I hope you guys get to feeling better. We have a yukky one going around our house, too. I thought DP was going to get off scott free, but it seems like she is finally coming down with it. :(
Post a Comment