I am 20 weeks today, and I just can not believe it! It is just so very amazing! Time has gone so very fast. I am sure having an 18 month old to chase around and 2 older boys to cart here and there has a lot to do with it. All three of them keep me extremely busy and on the go nonstop. And I love every minute of it!!
This week Junebug weighs about 10 1/2 oz and is about 6 1/2 inches CRL. And about the size of a nice sweet cantaloupe (and of course, just as sweet!!). It would be rather obvious to determine the gender, but since we opted to be suprised - we get to keep on guessing for the next 20 weeks! If it is a girl, her uterus is fully formed and she also has primitive eggs in her teeny tiny ovaries! If Junebug is a boy, his testicles will have begun their descent this week. Although they are still located in the abdomen, as they have to wait until the scrotum finishes developing so they'll have a place to drop.
I feel Junebug move quite a bit, and it is so fascinating. When we had our ultrasound, he/she was lying with the head by my belly button and the feet on my bladder. And I think this is how he/she is still lying. I feel most of the movements low in my stomach. Each kick, each elbow, reminds me of how precious this entire process is. These movements will get stronger and stronger, and before long, we will be able to sit and watch as he/she rolls around and kicks. And there is no tv show, no movie, that is as fascinating as watching your little ones first movements (or your toddler dancing, or your 7 and 10 year olds wrestle, play baseball, football, soccer, etc. - I have real live entertainment all the time, and it is wonderful!!).
5 comments:
Congrats on 20 weeks! I will be 11 weeks tomorrow... my time seems to be moving a bit slower though...
Hooray for 20 weeks! This was such an amazing time for me in pregnancy. Hope it continues to be full of wonder and excitement!
Wow!! Congrats on 20 weeks!! How exciting!
I SO can't believe you are already 20 weeks! Are you ready to have 4?! You gals are crazy! Hugs to you all! :)
WOW! I can't believe you are already halfway there! I love all the detail you give about Junebug's growth. My week by week book was my favorite to read when I was pregnant with DD. I loved to read about her size in comparison to other things. (Like your cantaloupe.)
Post a Comment