A STORY ABOUT NOT GIVING UP.
'I knew I had a long day ahead of me. I was in the hospital awaiting my 2 radiation treatments, CT Scan, MRI and chemotherapy treatment. A lady came in and asked if I would like a newspaper while I waited. I usually say no, but I figured I could work the puzzles to make the time go by. There was one called "Fortune Puzzle." I decided I would work this one first since I deserved a good fortune. I used my birth date and my fortune read, "DON'T GIVE UP." I believe this fortune came to me for a reason and I have been living it for a while. It was just a reminder to keep my will, strength, love and determination on high. I encourage everyone to not give up on anything they want. Dreams are achieved only if they are pursued. DON'T GIVE UP!'
A.G.
November 21, 2007
Our dear friend wrote this. And it was passed out at a fundraiser for her and her family - that raised over $18,000. She lives this every day. She has not given up, even though she has had 2 different oncologists tell her there was either not much they could do or this last time that there was nothing else to do. She still fights so very hard. She has not given up.
I think this was the right time to post this, cause there seem to be some people struggling with some things in their lives. And I think they need to hear this message about not giving up. 'Dreams will be achieved if they are pursued!'
5 comments:
That is very sweet.... I sure hope your friend gets some relief soon. My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Thank you so much for sharing this. What an amazing inspiration!
Thanks so much for sharing that. As you know, it was perfect for me today. Thanks so much sweetie! (((HUGS))))
Thanks for the WONDERFUL comment on my blog. It meant so much and it was what I needed to her. Thanks! You're so sweet!
That is a great saying!! I came across your blog from kelly! Your baby is due on my Birthday!! Congrats!!!
Thanks for sharing this with us. Your friend is giving others something, even in her pain. She sounds like a wonderful woman.
Post a Comment