Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 15 - Bible Verse

Day 15 of the 30 Days of Blogging - Bible Verse

Growing up, my family was not religious. I attended Vacation Bible School a few times at the church down the road from our house. I went to church with friends a few times. But, that was really it. I have never read the Bible. So, off the top of my head, I do not know any verses. So, what do I do if I don't know something? Well, I google of course! :)

Lots came up, but this one, this one I have heard numerous times. This one, I do believe in. And I am going to shorten it up some, just so that the points of it that mean something to me, are highlighted. Some of the middle, it just doesn't mean as much to me. There are reasons that I could explain why - but those would have been better suited under the 'I believe' post.



1 Corinthians 13:4-13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ...... And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.




****Thanks J - I misquoted - or, uh, mis-versed...., and I would like to say that it was googles fault... But this was completely my error. I went back to the same website, and realized that since I was in a hurry, I didn't realize that the verse was above, not below. But it is corrected now. Sorry for my mistake, and thanks again J!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe the verse you are quoting is from Corrinthians. John 3:16 is For God so loved the world he gave his omly begotten son and whosoever believeth in him shall nor perish but have everlasting life. Thats just from memory so there may be errors...

DaniKel said...

You may be right - I googled, and we all know that google is not always correct. I will double check - thanks! :o)