Gryfinn's hives - April 17, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Gryfinn's Hives
Gryfinn is broke out in hives. When it first started - over a week ago - we had thought that it was from the antibiotic he was on for his double ear infection. We took him to the dr last Tuesday - he was running a fever and said his ears were hurting, and we figured he could have the rash checked also - ears were fine, and throat irritated, but not strep. The dr says that he has poison ivy. Whatever. We knew it wasn't poison ivy, it didn't look like poison ivy, and when/where in the heck did he get it?? It hadn't gone away, so when I took Caelyn to the dr Sunday - she does have an ear infection - I talked to the dr (different dr this time) about Gryfinn. He said that it definitely sounds like an allergic reaction, but that he doesn't think that it is caused from the medication. Since it seems to be just in one area. So it has to be something environmental. The hard part is figuring out just what it is that is bothering him. We haven't changed anything that we can think of. And it does seem to be moving across his belly and back now. We are now giving him som Benadryl, per dr's orders. And we bought some Dreft to wash all of his clothes and bedding in. If it doesn't improve, we will have him back at the dr. It doesn't seem to bother him, but we have caught him scratching it a few times.

Gryfinn's hives - April 17, 2009
Gryfinn's hives - April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon!
Poor Gryff!!!! I hope you get it figured out quick!
Weird! I had the same sort of issue with Sydney when she was sick a few weeks ago. I gave her some musinex for kids before her nap and when she woke up she had hives all over her feet and knees. Didn't really relate it to the musinex until the third day it happened. It wasn't as bad as poor Gryfinn though cuz it went away with benadryl each time and hasn't come back since I stopped giving her the musinex. Just fyi she is also allergic to omnicef which is a cephalosporin! Kisses from Sydney!
Oh poor guy- it looks horrible. I bet it itches like crazy too.
Hope he feels better soon- sometimes this stuff is weird and you never really know where it comes from.
Hugs.
Poor thing...I hope he feels better soon!
I know I had hives as a child and they determined once it was from medication and once I think it was from the grass!
How WEIRD. and that it's in one spot on his body....makes me think he got in to something or ate something. I'm sorry.....I hope they get that figured out.
Post a Comment