Kids at the boys' school say the darnedest things - especially when it comes to our family.
We had taken cupcakes to the school for Jarrod's 7th birthday. One little boy, whom Jarrod rode the bus with, was playing know it all - and telling who we were. He pointed to me, and said 'That's Jarrod's Mom' pointed to Jayk and said 'That's Jarrod's little brother' and then pointed to Kelly and said 'That's Jarrod's Grandma!!!' hehehe I still recall this - especially when her birthday arrives and she is officially older, for those 35 days! hehe
During the holiday parties at the school, we go back and forth between the boys' classrooms. Usually Kel goes, as I work during the day and she works at night. While in Jayk's class, one little girl said 'Jaykob's Mom, sometimes you look like Jaykob's Dad!'.
And here are a couple of sweet somethings from my Gryfinn!
Last week, when he was battling his double ear infections, he was clingy, and needy, and wanted/needed extra love. I was getting in the shower, until he told me that he wanted to take a bath with me. So I started to fill the tub, put him in, and proceeded to undress. He looked up and said - 'Awww, Mommy, you bewwy button!' pause 'It's so cuuuute!'
We were(I say were, cause there was a bump in the road) working on getting Gryfinn to go to sleep on his own, without one of us laying with him. He was doing pretty good. But after a rough night, between him and Caelyn, Kelly gave in and got into bed with him - he was so excited and said 'Oh Mama, I wike it when you way wif me!'
6 comments:
Kids say the darndest things! But they sure are cute when they do!!!!
OMG I was laughing my ASS off at the, Jayks mom, sometimes you look like Jayks dad, comment ! That is HILARIOUS ! PRICELESS !
I have a friend she dressed up like a nurse for Halloween. Her 7 year old nephew said to his friends, "That's La la, she's a guhel (girl), she's dressed up like a guhel for Halloween"
ha ha ha
The first comment wasn't funny because J gets that shit ALL OF THE TIME ! She however is 12 years older than me and not a month or two :) ha ha
That Gryfinn is a sweetheart !
Awwww, kids are just so cute!
Gryfinn sounds like such a sweet little boy! I mean not that they don't all sound sweet but he's just so snuggly. I love the things kids say. We haven't encountered a lot of confusion yet about moms/dads but I'm sure we will. Although... we live in Austin so maybe not.
Ha ha, Gramma!
OMG, you must just wait with such anticipation for his next adorable little comment. What a sweetie he is! And that Jayk's mom/dad comment is so hilarious!
I commented on your last photo post too...sorry for the delay!
ahhhhhhhhhhh he is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment