Sunday, April 5, 2009

Am I ready for this??

We lost Gryfi's binky last week. It was bedtime, and I searched and searched and searched. I could not find it. Gryfinn could not find it. It was gone. Actually - three binkies were missing. He was upset, but there was nothing I could do. It was nearly 10pm. He was crying, but I told him that we would go and lay in Mommy's bed and watch 'B' (Backyardigans) - but he had to quit crying. And he did. And he fell asleep before the episode was over. And he has not had one since. I did find one binky, hidden in the cushions of the couch, and Kel found one in Caelyn's dresser (not sure how it got there) We just threw them away. There is atleast still one in the house somewhere. But - he is doing GREAT without it. At nap time and bedtime. We worried that it would be rough since Caelyn takes a binky, but maybe since hers are so different in appearance, it doesn't seem to bother him. He has only asked for it twice - and it has been when I was looking for Caelyn's. Cause atleast twice a day, her binky goes missing! He would say 'you find me binky Mommy?' And then I said, 'No, buddy, your binky is all gone' and wouldn't say any more about it. Our lil guy is growing up. Changing from a toddler to a little boy. sigh Am I ready for this???


Yes, those are toe socks, on his feet AND his hands!!

Compliments of MikeTinaEli ! And are supposed to become
leggings for Caelyn, but I don't think it's going to happen!! lol
He wore these ALL day yesterday! Took the pj's off, and wore
a shirt and boxer briefs - he sure was styling!

10 comments:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I have another friend who lost the binky too. She was actually planning the end of the binky and had a whole thing planned but then they went to visit her grandparents and forgot to take one with. And he went to sleep that night and never really wanted one again.

But wow. I'd be so... "my baby is not a baby anymore..."

Kate said...

Yeah for losing the pinky. What a big boy that he doesn't need it anymore- not to mention the stress it releaves you of always trying to remember it.

I love the way you spell your kids names differently. It is cool.

Didn't Mork from Mork and Mindy wear toe socks like that? Very cute.

EmmaJilly said...

Awww those toe socks are great...so bright and colourful. I want some!
Don't worry he'll always be your baby however old he gets.

Stephanie said...

No more binky...that is wonderful! He is such a little man, too freakin cute in his toe sock/glove combo...he has style!

Sarah said...

what a beautiful family! Thanks for blogging!

K J and the kids said...

ARE YOU RUBBING IT IN MAN !!!
GAWD !
I wish we could get rid of binky's in our house.
Maybe one day. when the last set enter kindergarten :)
congratulations ! glad it's over for you.

Montana's mom said...

Oh sure rub it in!!!! Wish mine would "get lost" too. Congrats on one less binky in the house though!! He is growing up so quick.

Montana's mom said...

Where in OH do you guys live? I am heading that way this summer.

Unknown said...

He is such a big boy!!! What a cutie he is!!!!

Michelle said...

Im fearful of the day I have to take away Kayla's binky. Wanna come do it for me??