Recent converstaions with Gryfinn:
Let me set up the story - It is bedtime, or more like, past bedtime. Jarrod and Jayk are already in bed, since they have school, their bed time is set, and followed for the most part - it may get pushed back 15-30 minutes do to sports, etc.. Before we go lay down, I have Gryfinn go the bathroom. So, we are lying down, Caelyn has already nursed and is almost asleep.)
Gryfinn: Me gotta go pee-pee
Me: Are you sure, you just went?
Gryfinn: Mommy, me gotta go pee-pee
(I get up, and this wakes up Caelyn)
Me: Gryfinn, you drive me crazy!
Gryfinn: No, Mommy, me drive you insane!
So - I have learned that I must tell him often that he drives me insane. Sometimes jokingly, probably sometimes serious!
We have been working on Gryfinn not being so mean. If he is tired, hungry, or just in a 2 year old Monster mood, he will yell, scream, and hit things like the chair, the couch, the floor or the air. So we are working on this. And working on things that are nice that we do.
Mama: What are things that are mean that we don't do anymore?
Gryfinn: No yelling, no screaming and no hitting.
Mama: That's right. And what are some things that are nice that we can do?
Gryfinn: (thinking) Blow bubbles in the bathtub. (thinking) Take a bubble bath.
I love how is two year old mind works!
I have to admit, that I am lucky to get a shower each day. And I dont' always get one. And when I do - it is in and out. So, my legs rarely get shaved. The other night, Gryfinn and I were laying in bed, and my pajama pants leg was up some, so he was rubbing my leg - and as he scrunched up his nose he said -'Oh, Mommy, Yucky!!'
See - he does drive me insane! But I have to say that it is a wonderful insane!!
6 comments:
I love your stories about Gryfinn, I am amazed at his thought process, so he so freaking cute...and way better at basketball then auntie steph : )
P.S. I love your layout, you are the poo! luv ya!
I love your stories about Gryfinn, I am amazed at his thought process, so he so freaking cute...and way better at basketball then auntie steph : )
P.S. I love your layout, you are the poo! luv ya!
So adorable. You're really lucky!
That is so cute! I love the stories. Thanks for sharing!!
I learned recently that I say "Oh My God!" A lot. Guess how?
This was really funny. I feel your pain sister, our 2 year old make me crazy also. I am going to put some pictures up of her haircut she gave herself. She no longer has a forehead she now has a five head, she cut them so short and not straight. lol But you are right I would not trade it for the world either, I am just so in love with her. lol
Post a Comment