Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Was Tagged!! ***updated***



I was tagged by my blog buddy Onemorebaby.

Honest Scrap

The rules for this award:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

So here goes.

Blogs that I love - well - these are the ones that I think I obsessively stalk - waiting for updates or new pic's! Some of them may have already been tagged - but I had to put them on here, to let them know that I obsessively stalk them! :-) and they are in no particular order!)

1. Life in the Northwest - she also does Sweet Peas Place I just love seeing new pic's of her daughter, and also of her newest hair clippies, bands and such!

2. Role Playing with Kids - they have the absolute cutest kids - and 5 under 5 - how on Earth do they do it!! I love this blog - it is entertaining, but oh so real. And I just want to kiss those babies cheeks!!

3. Michelle's Path - and she also does Michelle's Path of Recipes I love reading updates about her daughter, and seeing pic's of her. She is just a doll! Her blog is so heartfelt, and that is wonderful. And she puts some oh so yummy recipes on her recipe blog!

4. Stinky Tinky - I really enjoy reading this blog, and seeing pic's of the kids. They are a very well connected family, and I love that. And not to mention that their kids are just gorgoeus!

5. Tammy's Journey - Tammy is such an inspiration. She is a very strong woman who has been through alot. Her blog is wonderful to read!

6. All About Austin - This little guy is just adorable! I love reading updates about him and seeing pictures.

7. Cave Space - I know she doesn't update her blog often, but I get so excited when she does. I just love this little guy ever so much!!

8. Shannon and Sydney's World - This little girl has my heart!! She is the sweetest, cutest, most darling little girl - EVER! I love reading about the sweet and silly things that she does. And I love seeing new pictures of her!

9. If You Lived Here, I Would Know Your Name - Yes, she is the one to tag me, but I had to put her on here also. She is an inspiration! If I had half the get up and go that she does, maybe I would be more successful at the life changes (weight loss and diet) that I would like to make.

10. Mad World - In the short time that I have been following this blog, this little girl has me wrapped - I love seeing updates and new pictures of her! And her Mom is a very strong woman. I am thankful that she added me to the list so that I can read her blog.

**************Updated to Add**************
11. Dabe To Dream - This is my best friends blog. Her blog is cute, and she is such a wonderful person and amazing friend, that I think everyone needs to get to know her better!
******************************************


I know, I know - the rules were 7 - but who can stop at 7 when I follow SO many amazing blogs! There are others that I follow, and just love, but I thought enough was enough! ( and also that I still have to go and tell all of them that I have tagged them - and that will take time also!)

10 honest things about myself

1. I know more about getting pregnant and being pregnant than I do about anything else. And my dream job would be a fertility specialist and/or a doula.

2. My Dad was 19 years older than my Mom. So I have a sister that is the same age as my Mom. And a niece that is already in her 40's.

3. My sister lost a baby at 25 weeks when I was 9 years old. She named her Theresa. I still remember the smell of her (from her hat and booties). She lived for an hour and a half, and died in my sisters arms. That was the first time I ever felt loss like that, and I cried for days.

4. My sister also had a son born at 27 weeks. I was 11. I would go to the hospital every day with my sister. I was not allowed to go in and see him, as I was not next of kin. But I would go every day, and sit in the waiting room. One day, one of the nurses let me peek in at him, and that was the happiest day for me that Summer. He is now 20 years old, and a soldier in the US Army!!

5. I have known my best friend my entire life. Literally. They were our neighbors, and they actually saw me the day I came home from the hospital. She is a few years older than I am. We have been best friends ever since!

6. I introduced my best friend to her husband - and am ever so proud of that!! Kelly and I work with him, and we thought that they would make a good couple - and they did. They got married Oct 6 2007!!

7. I am not good at making decisions. Over little things, like what to make for dinner, or if we are going out, where we are going.

8. I am SUPER stubborn. About some things. I think this drives Kel crazy at times! Good thing she loves me!

9. If we had more money and a bigger house, we would have more kids.

10. Before Kelly and I got together, I was done. It was going to be just Jarrod and I forever, and I was completely ok with that. I did not want to have any more kids, and I did not care to get married. Then I fell in love with Kelly, and that all changed. I would have married her right then and there, and couldn't wait to have kids with her!

10 comments:

onemorebaby said...

You are just adorable! : )

K J and the kids said...

You are a sweetheart. Thank you for the award and nice comments.

twondra said...

Awww, thanks sweetie! You're so sweet.

It breaks my heart about your sister's baby and still remembering her smell. (((HUGS)))

Montana's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Montana's mom said...

Wow that is what comes to my mind when I read this. Just wow.

Montana's mom said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you too even though you have already done it I just love the pics of all the kids!

Kate said...

Thanks for the tag- I hope to get to it this week.

Thanks for sharing about yourself. Glad you found happiness, true love, and the desire to bring more great kids into the world with Kelly.

Kate said...

Thanks for de-taginizing me!

You have been tagged! Go to my blog for details!

If you have already been tagged or do not want to participate - that is fine. I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

I have started my post for this :) Just wanted to let you know.

Stephanie said...

I am so honored to have made it to your list of honest things about you not once, but twice!! I love reading everything you write..you have a special gift: ) I love you my BFF!!!