Tuesday, February 10, 2009

8 months old

Our little angel is growing so fast! I can not believe that she is 8 months old already!! She can get to a sitting position from lying down and she has started pulling herself up on stuff! And about a month ago - she started clapping!! Seeing her clap her little hands together is just SO SO SO cute! She is still army crawling all over the place. She has gotten up on all 4, and moved one arm and one leg forward - then she realizes that she could get to that little piece of fuzz on the floor SO MUCH FASTER if she just army crawled! So she drops back to her belly and just takes off!! And she LOVES to stand! She thinks she is big, and that she can just get down off of your lap if you are holding her, and then she will just stand there. I am so waiting for that moment when she just tries to take off walking!!

She is loving her foods. We are still making her baby food and she seems to be doing great with it. She has recently started feeding herself Gerber Puffs. She is getting the hang of it, but it really is super cute to see her with three or four stars on her cheeks and chins. The ones that failed to make it in her mouth! She is doing great with a sippy cup - and is now able to drink from one with the stopper in. Which is a mess saver - since she likes to drop everything on the high chair tray to the floor! And then lean over the side to see what all is down there. We have had to stop using the bouncy seat and bumbo to feed her - as she has figured out how to get out of them - even if strapped in. And the last time she was in the bouncy seat, strapped in, she stood up in it. So freaked me out!

And boy is she a mover! I remember all those flips and turns from when pregnant - and she now uses them during diaper changes and while getting dressed. I should have known that I needed to take some type of wrestling class to tame this lil princess!! It is like a full contact head to head match - usually with her winning out! And me following her around the bed, the floor, etc trying to get her clothes on. I have gotten good at putting her diaper on while she is on her belly! I have also learned what to use to sidetrack her while I lotion her or attempt to get her dressed. She loves items such as my cell, the remote, the home phone, the baby monitor and lotion bottles. So I usually go through all of those in one changing - just to try to keep her occupied!

I just love how she is so independent, but she also loves to be snuggled and cuddled and loved! She really is such a love bug! And I call her my Sunshine Daisy! She is the light of my life, and as pretty as a flower!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Tina said...

Super cute! You have to let me mke her some hair pretties....I love the pictures..

Kate said...

She is beautiful.

Isn't it amazing how slow 8 months goes when you are expecting- and how fast it goes when they are here?

I remember the diaper wrestling moves.

I love the picture of her with the dog toys- non dog people will freak out because of the germs. Those of us with dogs know these are the toys the kids like best! :)

Montana's mom said...

She is adorable!!!! I can't believe she is 8 months already!

Jen said...

Happy 8 Months baby girl! She is JUST gorgeous! I can so relate to the diaper change wrestling...and to the dropping EVERYTHING from the highchair to the floor then looking over the side. Too funny!

K J and the kids said...

She is beautiful.

Michelle said...

She is a doll. Love those Gerber puffs! I guess these are things I can look forward to Kayla starting on in the next couple of months!

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I love her smile - so complete and enthusiastic. We have the same issue with the rolling all over the place during the diaper change but at least Chiara is generally captivated when we hand her a toothbrush, phone, remote control, box of bandaids, hairbrush or whatever.

Happy 8 months!

Unknown said...

She is just so sweet and cute.

Tina said...

email me at tm galletti at yahoo . com

mcbjen said...

She is so cute. Its so much fun at that age.

twondra said...

Sooooo cute!!