Thursday, November 1, 2007

The First Appointment

We had our first dr's appointment on Tuesday, Oct 30. We first meet with him in his office. He is amazed that we have succeeded at getting pregnant two times with doing at home inseminations. I think with being a dr, and especially one that used to perform inseminations, that he has this misconception that it is odd for us to be able to receive frozen sperm via DHL, unthaw it ourselves, perform the insemination, and get pregnant - not once, but twice. So - he is amazed, and says, well this sure does seem to be working for you!

Everything looks fine, and while doing my exam, Dr. W says - well, you are 'really' pregnant - then checks his lil spinner thing and says it is too early to check for a heartbeat. We aren't sure what he meant by the 'really' part. Maybe it was a realization that 'Yep, these crazy lesbians did it again!'

Dr W and his nurse, L, are wonderful. I think we made a great choice in using him again. He has such good people skills, and not to mention his good bedside manner. He is so polite, and so gentle. While my feet are in the stirrups, and the speculum is in for him to do the pap, I am jittery. Maybe because I am in a most vulnerable position, but everytime he would barely bump my leg, I would jump, and he would just apologize. Poor guy probably thought he was hurting me, but no, he was just startling me. Thank goodness I don't have to be there in that position for awhile.

Our next dr's appointment is Nov 27. And I will be 12 weeks. So, we should be able to hear the hearbeat. Although, we do have a doppler, and will be trying before then. I can't wait to hear that sound of our lil bun's heart - that is the most precious sound ever. Well, until you hear their first cry, and then their first giggle, and then their first word. :O) Gosh, I sure do love being a Mom!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad the appt went well! Sounds like things are progressing well.....