Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 3 - First Love

Day 3 of the 30 Days of Blogging

When I was 12, just months from turning 13, my nephew Ben was born. He had this dark brown hair, perfect skin coloring, the sweetest little cry, the most perfect shaped head. He was by far the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. I was wrapped around his tiny little finger. My sister would come to our house, and I would steal him, and take him in my room and lay next to him, and just watch him. I had other nieces and nephews, but never had I felt this way about any of them. He was the first baby that I ever fell in love with. I didn't know then that the love that I felt for him was the beginnings of the love that I would feel for each of my kids.

My first love is being pregnant. I love knowing that this tiny little being is growing inside of me. I love feeling those tiny little movements that soon turn into jabs to the rib or kicks to the bladder and also feeling those complete body rolls and the sweet little rhythmic hiccups - I love watching the show that the little one would put on while we would lay there and watch. I love the look of my growing belly - knowing that inside of that belly is the sweetest, most precious thing in the world.


Pregnant with Jarrod


Pregnant with Gryfinn


Pregnant with Caelyn

My first love is being a Mom. Not every day is peaches and cream, but there are atleast several moments in each day that make even the worst days worthwhile. Hearing the words "I love you" melts my heart every time. Especially when the kids are older, and just don't say it as much as they did when they were little. And having your child wrap his or her arms around you in a hug, well, that just fills my whole body with love. And the sound of your child laughing. That sound is enough to wash away any bad day that those rotten little munchkins might have caused!

And Kelly, she is my first love! Before her, the only serious relationship I had ever been in was with Jarrod's Dad. And I am not saying that I didn't love him, because I did, but the love I had for him is not 'that' kind of love. The kind of love that after 8 years, you still get butterflies. That after 8 years, you still get 'those' feelings, in 'those' places. That after 8 years, just looking at her, I still feel love for her from my head down to my toes. She still gives me goosebumps, she still completes my world. When our love was new, it was like nothing I had ever felt before. Being in love with Kelly, well, actually, nothing I had ever felt compares to it. No middle school crush, or what I thought was high school love. Those weren't love. Those were just preludes to the real thing. The real thing of being in love with my first love. My only love. My soon to be wife.


Nothing is as wonderful as new love...


Except for when that love is just as strong 8 years later!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Tina said...

I was wondering where you were :)

K J and the kids said...

Very sweet ! Thanks for the pictures. You can see the love in your face in each picture.

Kate said...

Great post! I love the belly shots- I only took one with Taya- I was too motified to do it with the boys- but I wish I had.

Glad you have found true love!

Montana's mom said...

So glad you and Kelly have each other!!!!

It is great that you say your first love is your kids, when I was doing my day 3 I thought about my first daughter and how she was my first love, but for some reason i couldn't type it out. I do not know why but I just couldn't.

CJ said...

You two are just beautiful!! While I LOVE being pregnant, I HATE giving birth! (My two labors have been 22.5 and 29 hours long. I can only imagine what a third would be!)

Jen said...

This was a beautiful post!