Thursday, April 28, 2011

All Girl

Caelyn's binky went missing Sunday night. She was in her room, lying down, and had come out to see what we were doing (she is our attachment!). Well, after that, we just could not find it. Actually, we couldn't find any of them. They were all gone. So, I looked at her, and said "Sis, your binky is gone. You are going to have to go to bed without it." She looks up at me and says "Ok. You buy me one tomorrow?" She sleeps great without it, and she even finds one the next morning, but she lets me take it to 'wash it' and doesn't ask for it again that day. The next day, she does say that she wants her binky, but she is ok, and doesn't need it like she previously has. On Wednesday, Kelly tells her that if she continues to do good without her binky, then on Friday, we will take her out to get her something special for being a big girl.

On to today, Thursday. Kelly and Caelyn were talking, and Kelly asks her "What do you think you want to get for being a big girl?!" Caelyn says "Ummm, some Kelly shoes!" Kelly says "Those shoes that you showed me on tv?" Caelyn replies "Yes!"

So, there you have it. She is ALLLLL girl! With the shoes, the accessories, the purses! I hadn't seen this commercial, or heard of these shoes. So, of course I g00gled them. And they are bright colors, with beads and sparkles and flowers. Perfect for little Miss Thing! (well, that is until I looked at the price tag... cheapest pair was $49 - she's 2, she does not need $49 shoes!! :)

Photobucket
Little Miss All Girl - helping make cookies!

2 comments:

The Cave Family said...

I think you should get her some plain white or pale pink keds/canvas shoes and hit up Crafts 2000 for some fabric paint/stamps/markers and help her decorate them herself. I am sure they have some sort of fake rhinestones, etc you could add too!

Montana's mom said...

That is too funny! She sounds like she has the same taste as mine, expensive!!

Good job on the no binky!!!