So, yesterday, Gryfinn was super whiney. Said his neck/throat hurt. And just didn't act like he felt good. So, of course, today he woke up with a fever. Of 104.3. So yep, a call was made to the dr, and we go at 12:50. I hate to take him and it just be another virus. But I can not NOT take him. My poor bud just is miserable. I think the fever has finally broke, but I don't think completely, cause he still feels warm. And, I know he is sick, cause he is asleep. He gave up naps a few weeks ago. But even when he did nap, it would be after lunch. And here it is 11:43am, and he is out, and has been for awhile. And the poor guy keeps whining in his sleep. It's so sad. I just hate it when the kids are sick.
But it really just pisses me off that we have to 'decide' if we should take him now, or wait. I hate that. We are already set up on monthly payments to the dr's office for the kids. And seriously, I think if we took Gryfinn in every time he ran a fever, we would have already met our deductible. I just hate that we are put in this position. That when I took his temp, Kel looks at me and says, should we take him in? It should be a given. We shouldn't have to think about it. Ya know? It just frustrates me. So much that I am rambling.
My work day is amlost done. Kel in on a field trip with Jayk. If they weren't expecting her as a chaperone. So I am leaving work 2 hours early to take Gryfi to the dr. (I haven't told him yet, cause he will get upset) My Mom was to keep the kids. On their way out there, Caelyn gets sick all over herself and her car seat. Thank goodness they were only about 30 seconds from my Mom's. Poor baby. Her nose is rather runny, so we think that may have caused her to get sick, cause she doesn't seem to be feeling bad. I am glad that it is a 3 day weekend, cause I think we need it to get our little ones healthy.
my sick lil man
******UPDATE******
After a super fast wait in the waiting room - which never happens - and tears and crying and saying he's hurting me, and a fever of 102.1 so they graciously bring in some Tylenol, that is red, and nasty, that he won't even smell let alone take, and I honestly think I got more on me than in him, and I just end up pouring it down the drain, cause by the time we get out of there and get to the store it will be time for more Motrin and why make him cry anymore than he already is (sigh) - we walk out with 3 stickers, a script for amoxicillin, and a diagnosis of strep. The trip to the pharmacy was also an adventure. He is super whiney, and then starts saying that his belly is hurting, and then coughs, and throws up on the floor, coughs and throws up again. Fun times. And I realize that I obviously got more Tylenol in him than I thought, cause that is what he threw up. We are now home, he is feeling better. Ate some pretzels (what he wanted) and drank some 7up. And took Motrin, and his amoxicillin. And now that the pain killer has kicked in and is fever is down, he seems to be feeling better. Caelyn seems to be ok. Her nose is super runny. But besides that, she is her crazy silly self. So - how many think we will get through this without Caelyn getting strep? I sure do hope. But fear the odds are against us - since she seems to always drink after him, eat after him (her food is gone before he is half way done, so of course she wants his!), and they are always loving on each other, or fighting with each other. Sibling love! Sharing everything, especially the germs!

6 comments:
Poor Gryff!! Hoping and praying for a fast and speedy recovery! Caelyn too if hers is something more serious!!!!!!!!
I too hate insurance companies!
It totally sucks that you have to deal with that crap.
I really hope that Gryffin is feeling better soon and that Caelyn's doesn't get worse.
I'd say enjoy your weekend, but instead I'll hope that it's the beginning of the road to recovery.
So sorry Gryfinn is sick! I am very grateful that I don't have to deal with crappy insurance like that! How stressful! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Ok so this is what we should do from now on. Post about the symptoms and then wait for the diagnosis to come in on comments.
The WHOLE post I was saying to myself...STEP. he totally has strep.
This way you save the copay.
Call your doctor....tell them it's strep and will they please phone in a prescription. :) hee hee
If that works...you just saved money.
I hope he starts feeling better...AND that nobody else gets it. poor guy.
I hope all is well in the Cave house with everyone being healthy!!!!
Poor babies, being sick sucks !
I sure hope your babies are feeling better... and I agree I am not found of dealing with insurance companies either..argh.
Post a Comment