Jaykie gets out of school at 3:45 and band finishes for Jarrod at 4:30 (more like 4:45). So I figured that since we have that wait in between (we live on the other end of town, so instead of driving home to turn right back around, we just hang out) that I would make this my run time. The bike path is right by the school, so it works out great. Although, I do think I will invest in some pepper spray. I didn't get too spooked today, but it would probably be best to, ya know, just be safe.
Anyways, my run went good. I didn't use the C25K app. I used a pedometer app. To track my speed and my distance. And I didn't do too bad. Definitely have lots of room for improvement, but I am definitely ok with how today's run went.
I forgot my headphones at home, so I just listened to the music out loud (this could be why I didn't get so spooked :). And I forgot my carmex in the car. That threw me off. I have an addiction to the shit, and since I didn't have any to reapply I had to be careful to not remove what I had already put on when I wiped away my sweat.
The temp was 83 out, so a bit on the warm side. But it helps that the bike path is shaded (also adds to the creepiness).
I ran 2.22 miles in 30.29 minutes. I stopped and walked 3 times. Once to open my water and take a drink, another when I kinda accidentally threw my phone and the third time when I just needed to walk for a minute.
So while it wasn't my best with running continuous, it was my best time/distance. And I know that I will continue to do better!
So, some things that I need to invest in to make running outside easier...
~ arm band for my phone
~ squeeze water bottle - it is not fun or easy to remove the cap of a bottle of water while running and holding your phone in one hand. I squeezed water all over me while trying to remove the cap. I guess if I purchase the above item, the water bottle won't be as much of an issue.
~ and as I said before, some pepper spray - hopefully it won't ever be needed, but ya just never know.
I have also started working out my arms and abs again. Before vacation, I was doing really good with my arms. I took a pic when I started and then again a month and a half later, and there really was a difference. If only I had stuck with it, I could be showing off my guns now lol just kidding!! But I am sure there would be a huge difference being 3 months into it. And maybe I'm not kidding... If my arms get really toned, I will probably show them off. Haha

4 comments:
Running just isn't running without earphones and carmex. and I'm not being sarcastic :)
I think too much about my running and breathing without my music and I run out of oomph much faster.
I tried listening without earphones once. Same thing. I ran out of oomph.
Can't wait to see those guns.
I really do much better when I can just lose myself in the music. And that just doesn't happen if ya don't have earphones.
Give me a few months, and I'm sure I will show ya my guns! :)
What's this arm plan you speak of? My wedding dress is sleeve-less and I have wings!
The arm workout I do is from Pinterest. I sent the pin to you. I don't do the resistance band exercises, cause I do not have a resistance band. But I do the push-ups, the dips and the ones with the dumbells.
Post a Comment