Monday, August 26, 2013

Her first broken heart

She walked into the house, and we could just tell that something was wrong.

The look on her face. It said it all.

We asked her, "Sis, what's the matter?"

And that's when the tears started.

"The kitties are going to the pound" and then she just fell into my arms and sobbed.

Her heart is broken. And I mean literally cracked right in half.

You see, there has been a little family of cats living in the neighborhood. They have mainly been at the house across the street but have just recently moved to the bushes of the house right next door.

We have watched the kittens grow. Saw the little family go from a mommy cat and 5 babies to a mommy and 3 babies, to only 3 babies now. We watched the mommy cat move them from the field to the neighbors across the street. And she actually carried one of the babies on her back. 

When two of the little kittens moved right next door, Caelyn was beyond excited. She named them Piggy and Scaredy-Cat, and has fed and watered them every day. She takes her blankets outside so they have something soft to lay on while she plays with them. 

They have become her babies. 

Well, another neighbor has decided to take them to the pound. We can not bring them inside. We already have 2 cats and a horse of a dog, and not to mention 4 wild animals... Kids.

I explained this to her.  I told her that they will get what they need. Their shots to keep them healthy. They will be safe. We won't have to worry about them getting hit by a car. And they will find a forever home. Families to love them and care for them.

But she is 5. And her love for these kitties is real. And the sadness she feels right now runs deep. 


Her eyes are still puffy, and her cheeks are still splotchy. She cried her little heart out. But playing on the computer helped get her mind off of them.


And I'm gonna tell ya, my heart broke right with hers. Her sobbing was heart wrenching. The look on her face, it just crushed me. Her big 'ol tears that just kept falling, were devastating. And all I could think was 'I will kill a mother fucker if they ever hurt my baby girl like this'. Some little son of a bitch breaks my babies heart and makes her cry like this when she is older, they won't make it to another day. I can't take it. And I ain't even playin'.

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

When I was her age....me and my best friend saved 3 little kittens. It was winter and I took them to my basement to keep them warm. My dad came home who is allergic and told me that we couldn't keep them in his house. That I needed to put them back outside and that if their mother didn't come back for them....oh well. My best friend HAD a cat. but her dad said that we couldn't keep them in her house either. We made the best bed that we knew how to...under her deck. Her dad told us that the mother would come back for them. The next morning we ran out to see them and they were all frozen solid. Her dad took them one by one and chucked them over their back fence into a canal. I was DEVASTATED. To this day it still makes me sad/mad. I let those kittens die.

I guess the reason I'm telling you all of this is because....your story reminded me ONCE AGAIN, about a tragedy that has completely consumed and affected my life.
Thanks.

:)

No really. I'm so sorry for that sweet little person.
Give her a hug and then tell her my story. She'll feel much better about hers. :)

DaniKel said...

Ok. I'm about in tears about your story, and then you said tell her my story and she will feel better about hers... And it literally made me laugh out loud!