Saturday, September 3, 2011

Schools Back In Session! Part 1

I so sing that to the tune of 'Schools out for Summer!' haha

School being back in is bittersweet. I wasn't ready for our kids to go back, but I sure was ready for the neighborhood kids! haha That sounds awful. And don't get me wrong, I love our neighborhood, and we have some great kids in it. It just makes for a long work day at home when you keep having kids come to the door. The dog goes crazy, the kids go crazy, and then you get the sad looks when you tell them they can't come out and play, cause you are working, and no they can't come in either, cause you are working. And going through this each day, every day, several times a day, was getting old.

Jarrod and Jayk went back on Aug 24. Jarrod was excited and ready, Jayk wasn't ready for Summer break to be over. Which is opposite of all the other years! Jarrod is taking Spanish this year. He is in 8th grade and his Spanish class is at the high school. It is a great opportunity, as it is also a high school credit! (I think this had to do with some of his readiness to go back to school! :) The only thing he isn't too thrilled about is the time school starts. Middle classes don't start til 8:45, but the high school class starts at 7:30. The bus picks him up at 6:40. That explains the super tired eyes in his pic below!



Super handsome... Super sleepy eyes!
 
Ready for the 6th grade!!

1 comment:

Montana's mom said...

Before you know it it will be his senior year! Time goes so fast. Very handsome boys.