Let me count the ways!
I love this woman for so many reasons. She is my strength when I feel weak. She is my encouragement when I feel discouraged. She is my beauty when I feel not so pretty. She is my optimism when I feel pessimistic. She is my happy when I feel sad. She is my memory when I am forgetful. She is my wisdom when I feel unintelligent. She is my future when I feel stuck in today.
This year has been the roughest on us financially. I know it could be worse, that many people are way worse off than we are. And I am thankful/grateful for everything that we do have.
Kelly took a huge pay cut last year. We struggled to make things work, and we were just barely getting by. And then this year hit. We have always tried not to rely on child support as a form of income, but after the pay cut, we didn't have a choice. We came to rely on it. When that quit coming in this year, things got super hard. Cause not only were we lacking that money, we now had medical bills out the wazoo. So to say that things have been tight would be a huge understatement.
And of course, when money is super tight, what happens? The toilet breaks, the clutch goes out on the truck, the brakes go out on the car - first the front, then the rear - the air conditioning doesn't wanna work, the fridge stops working, and let me tell ya, the list goes on and on.
Amidst all this, the woman I love has stepped up and become my Kelly of All Trades!
She has become our plumber, our electrician, our a/c repair woman, our dish network repair woman, and most recently our refrigerator repair woman. I am so lucky to have her!!
5 comments:
Awwww, so sweet. :)
That is great! Glad she is able to do those things. Luckily I can do many things as far as repair but I do hate doing it!!!
I hope your luck turns around! If I win the lottery I will remember you guys!
How lucky for you! Shell and I are not home repair savvy at all, so anytime we need help we either ask my dad or our lesbian friend who is. I'm very grateful to have them, especially because they're willing, but I wish we could just do it ourselves.
Besides that, this is a super sweet post. I think you are both lucky to have each other. :)
That is awesome....go Kelly!!! Now I know who to call when we have those issues...and I hear she likes to book book....hee hee! love ya.
my word verification is yamerbo....i like that word..i think it means Jill (AKA Kelly) of all trades ;o )
What a great post.
I love it that you have been able to hold strong through these tough times. and do I hear you about the toilet, car, ROOF ! (that's another post altogether)
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment