Friday, November 20, 2009

She Surprises Me!


Every day, she does! Miss Caelyn is just something else. And believe me, I am not bragging, I am just surprised. Our boys didn't talk like she does at 17 months. Our boys didn't climb like she does at 17 months. Our boys did not do the things that she does at 17 months! I swear, she just blows me away!
Her vocabulary is amazing. She repeats everything, but out of nowhere she will say something that we didn't even know she could say. Like 'Need You!' for instance. She will say this if she is upset or hurt, and wants either Kel or I. And she just started saying this out of the blue. (totally breaks your heart when she is crying and says this).
And she is such a little Mommy! She loves babies. Real or doll or a picture, it doesn't matter. She loves them all! And she will kiss them! And hug them! And push them around in the stroller! (well, the doll, not the real!) And if you have a boo boo, she will mother you, and kiss it, and say 'aww, boo boo' and kiss it again!
And she climbs our gates that we have. The one from the kitchen into the living room. I am not quite positve if Gryfinn at 3 years can climb it. Well, I am sure he can, but he doesn't. But, yes, Caelyn, at 17 months, climbs it. She has no fear!
And Gryfinn is all into making obstacles. Out of clothes baskets, and stools, and the kicthen bench. And he will line them up, and walk across them, and then jump onto the couch. And sure enough, Caelyn is right there behind him, doing everything that he does!
I don't know if all of this is because she is a girl, or because she is the baby, or because she has 3 older brothers, or if this is just who she is. But she really does amaze me! And each day, she surprises me with something new!

5 comments:

onemorebaby said...

She IS an amazing little girl! And super cute, to top it off... how could you not be in love...? I just wish she would stop getting bigger!

K J and the kids said...

She is a WAY overachiever. Such a smart little thing.
My Syd was like that and still excels in 99% of the things she tries.
Watch out moms :) you are going to have your hands full with that cute little thing. ha ha

Montana's mom said...

Sounds like you are going to have one handful there! Mine is a lot like Caelyn in the fearless department and mine has no older brothers!

Sarah said...

She is something else. Reminds me of our guy! He's our first so I have nothing to compare him too. Good luck! She's so awesome!!

Unknown said...

She is quite the smartie and so cute while she is at it! Love hearing all about her and watching her grow! Thanks for sharing...