Ok - so I have been planning on making a change to my life. I have got to start exercising, and I have got to start eating better, and I have got to lose weight. And I have decided that the best way for me to do this is not to diet, and not to just exercise, but to make a lifestyle change. I have to change things up, and of course make them better, for me to be happy about the change, and then in turn, feel better about myself.
Jarrod got into trouble at school. Nothing major, but it is enough to upset us, and for us to make the decision that we have to do something to change this. He has always had a problem with talking. What can I say, he does get it honest. But, I was never one to talk at school and get into trouble. And that is the difference, cause he is that kid. The one that always shouts out the answers, but it has now migrated to him just talking out all throughout the day. And his teacher, one of the two, was ( ) this close to giving him a detention. So, yes, a change has to be made. He doesn't get into trouble often at home, but he does get grounded, and things get taken away. But, we have learned, that in all actuality, he is not learning anything. So, this time, our punishment is to do chores around the house, and while doing those chores, he is not to talk, unless he raises his hand. And he is also not to complain about the chores that he has to do. He needs to learn responsibility for is actions. If fails to follow the rules, the punishment continues, and he also misses out on his cousins birthday party at the skating rink.
So Jarrod is the lucky one who gets to help me prepare to make my lifestyle change. Him and I are going to organize the laundry room, to make room for boxes and tubs that are now stored in the spare room, which is going to become the workout room, with the treadmill, the gazelle thing, and also this stepper thing of my Moms.
I am serious about making this change. But I do need support. If anyone out there is ready to make a lifestyle change or is in the process of making a change, please let me know. I am not very computer savvy, but maybe there is something we can set up, a web page of some sort, that is only accessible to those of us that are participating, so that we can track our progress - our weight loss, our inch loss, our workouts, etc.. I just think that maybe if it is there, that I will be motivated to use it. And also, I think having put it all out there, then it will make me want to work harder at making the lifestyle change, knowing that others know that I am doing it. If that makes any sense.....
5 comments:
I get the lifestyle change thing!! I have lost 50 pounds since febuary. I started the HCG diet a couple of months ago and lost 28 pounds in 5 weeks!!! Unfortunatly you can't do this diet while breastfeeding. Anyway, I am there for you!!!!
I am there with you! I have been working out for the last month. It is a struggle sometimes to keep motivated so... I am with ya!
That's an awesome idea! I'm one of the lucky ones who actually tries to gain weight rather than lose.
But being I work from home, a friend who also worked from home, we had decided we needed some encouragement to walk. We would e-mail each other every week our walking logs to encourage each other. I found it very helpful.
Maybe setting up a blog or something and then have people check in once a week? I don't know.
Good luck sweetie! :)
I would love to be in on the fitness movement. We have that great set up in the basement and I haven't used it since I got pregnant...and now he is One! I am sure that one of the fitness trackers online (fitday, fitsync, etc) has some way of allowing groups of people to challenge and track each other...
Sounds like a great plan and I am sure you will do very well!
Post a Comment