Sunday, April 1, 2012

I missed a day..

But hey, I am not doing too bad for me!

I had a really good turn out for my party.  I got $115 worth of stuff for $15!  You can't beat that!!  And it was fun to catch up with friends.  Kel missed the party. Gryfinn had baseball practice at 2.  But I don't think she minded.  She would take practice over a makeup party any day! haha  She just tells me to learn all the makeup tricks so that I can just do her makeup for her. I hate that I missed Gryfinn's first practice though.  She said he did great.  He is an entirely different kid at school/practice/etc than he is at home.  Not that he is bad... just a bit high strung and on the dramatic side.  But, if that means he will be a perfect angel for his teachers/coaches, then it is fine with me!

Speaking of school. The boys got their 3rd quarter report cards on Friday.  Jarrod had a 3.38 gpa, which was down from the 2nd quarter 3.81. But it is still really good.  Especially since his math grade had dropped from an A to an F - and he brought it back up to a B+.  It only dropped due to laziness... not turning in his work.  But he talked to his teacher, and she let him turn in missed assignments.  We told him that the 4th quarter has to be better.  No missed assignments. He starts high school in the fall, and they won't be as lenient.  Jaykie got all A's and one B.  This is his 2nd B ever.  He got one first quarter.  When he saw it, he said "I knew it! She doesn't like me!"  haha  We told him that a B is still really good, and not to be upset by it!  Gryfinn did great.  He is meeting or exceeding all of his standards.  And he is reading at a 2nd grade level!!  His music teacher said that she wishes she had a classroom full of Gryfinn's!!  :)  Makes my heart sing that they are all doing so great in school!

We signed little miss Caelyn up for preschool.  She will start in the fall.  And it makes my heart break!  I just can't believe that our baby is old enough to start preschool.  I  mean, really, she will be 4?!!  I am just not ready for our babies to be all grown.  I am not done having a baby in the house.  I was hoping to hit that mega Friday night.  First off, cause I just want to be able to say "I'm rich bitch!"  haha  But, then we could have another baby, or two.  And I could have my dream job of being a stay at home mom.  Although, the thought of THAT much money is scary....

I woke up this morning to Gryfinn saying "Mom, it snowed!!" I was like 'WHAT?" Thinking I know it was cold last night, but it wasn't that cold.  Then he says "April Fools!"   I should have known, since he was just a giggling the entire time!  Silly silly boy!

Just listened to a conversation between Gryfinn and Caelyn.  Caelyn was upset, and she said "I didn't remember!" in her I am two seconds away from taking you down voice.  Gryfinn, with a voice as sweet as honey, says "It's because you have a small brain.  Your head is big, but your brain is small. That is why you didn't remember"  Not sure where that came from.  But, she took his word for it, cause she was no longer upset about not remembering whatever it was she didn't remember.  And it sure did make me giggle.

The kids were playing in Gryfinn's room yesterday, and Gryfinn was weighing himself on the wii fit.  I heard Caelyn say "Mommy is fat. That is why she is trying to lose weight."  Gryfinn responded with "You don't say that. That is a bad word. You will hurt Mommy's feelings."  Jarrod said "Sis that is mean.  You can't say that."  Then he came to the living room and asked me if I heard her. I said yes.  And I told him that she doesn't mean anything by it.  She wasn't being mean.  And I am sure she is just repeating what she has heard me say.  Cause I am fat, and I trying to lose weight.  Just lets me know, that she is listening to me, even when I don't think she is.  And also tells me that my boys do have good hearts, and they worry about hurting Mommy's feelings. 

Ok, I have rambled on enough.... so much so that it should make up for my missing yesterday.... right?! ;)

I will leave you with a before pic and an after pic - of me from the MK party!

Before - with my little princess
And I swear, I wasn't trying to be sexy.
My clothes are a little big, and with sis hanging on me, I was all kinds of hanging out!

After
Still hanging out, but not as much!
So tell me... whatdya think? Wedding day look?
Oh, and if you didn't notice... I didn't make it on the not cutting my hair.  I was trying to let it grow, and I just couldn't do  it.  It was shaggy, and I couldn't do anything with it, and it made me feel super BLAH!  So, I got it cut.  And I love it!  But, I did dye it auburn, and added blonde highlights, but they aren't blonde enough. So, next time, I will make sure I have enough time to let the blonde sit longer!  My hair was sooooo dark brown (the natural color) that the blonde just didn't take as good as I wanted.  But next time, it should take better!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

We don't have letter grades. they number us and so it leaves me hanging as to what the GPA is.
They all sound like super good kids in school.

Kids aren't afraid of saying it how it is. I'm so glad that your boys tender hearts showed through and helped little sis to know that calling someone fat isn't nice.
and yes. you better start watching what you say about yourself. it ruins her self esteem you know.

ooh la la.....ya gonna look great. Can't wait to see it with the dress on :)

Alessi Family said...

That is a great look for a wedding day!