Friday, April 6, 2012

I Get A Little....

more excited with each passing day!!  I am constantly thinking about the wedding, and DC, and the beach.  I think I look at wedding dresses daily.  Since I don't have mine yet, I look at them.  All kinds, all styles, at so many different places.  I see lots that I like.  Some are reasonably priced, some not so much.  And I have no idea what I will like on me, so I am not ruling anything out.  I seem to like strapless the most... but, I am a bit chesty... and the dresses are always on these models that would practically blow away if the wind blew just right... so it's kinda hard to picture myself in these dresses.  And I really just have no idea what will look good on me.  But, I love looking at them.  I am not about the big frills and lace... no debutante gown for me.  I like simple, but elegant.  We are going to make plans to go out shopping here sometime.  Just kinda hard between all the baseball!!  These boys keep us busy! :) But, since we are just a few months away, I do need to get on the ball and get me a dress!!!
I haven't given any details lately... so I thought I would tell you about our cake!  I am about to start my period, so I am ALL about some chocolaty goodness right now.  And nothing better than to drool over than our wedding cake, right?! ;)

It will be a 3 tiered round cake covered in vanilla buttercream.
Bottom tier: chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream
Top tier:  vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream
Anniversary tier: marble cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream.
All 3 tiers in vanilla buttercream with a purple edible ribbon painted with a silver luster dust and bow around the bottom. Trailing down the sides and top of the cake will be edible vines and leaves in antique green and on top of the vines and leaves will be various shades of purple flowers.

I think it sounds beautiful!  And I can't wait to actually see it!!!!

So, have any of you ever been to DC?  If so, did you have kids with you when you went?  There is lots that Kel and I would like to do, but that would probably bore the crap out of the kids, and in turn, would not be a fun trip.  So, we are trying to figure out what to do.  We are heading to DC 2 days before the wedding, and will leave 2 days after the wedding.  So, we will have 2 full days to really explore DC.  The only definite is the Zoo.  And I am thinking that the Air and Space Museum will be a good one.  And I was told the Spy Museum was fun, but don't know how well that would keep Caelyn's interest.  So, if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, please let me know!!



Long day at the ball field!!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Have you even tried on dresses ?
If not...go do that so that you know for sure what will work and what might not work.

I have been to DC and not with kids :( sorry. I don't know how your kids would be at hitting all of the monuments.
Don't you have friends and family coming for the wedding ? Maybe work it out that you get some alone time to check out what you want to see one day ?

Alessi Family said...

We spent 2 weeks in DC for our IVF cycle and did not get bored ONCE!!!

VERY kid friendly, family friendly with so much to do, see, learn, explore!