Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Post To Bitch About

Ok, so everyone who reads this knows (or at least should) that I am one half of a lesbian couple. That 3 of our 4 children where conceived through artificial inseminations using donor sperm. When I talk about donor sperm, I am referring to a person (whether a known person or an anonymous person) that donated his 'goods' so that they can be used for the reason of possibly creating a child. No other reason than that. This person is to never be referred to as dad, to never be contacted for child support, to never be more than a special person that 'helped' us have a child. Ok, with all that said. I am SO fed up with straight women who had a child with a man, whether that be from a one night stand or a relationship, referring to the father as sperm donor. If you want something from him, whether it be child support, or for him to take the child so you can have 'mommy time', and if you call him dad, or father, or any other name that means this, then he is NOT a sperm donor. I am sorry that your child's dad is a dead beat, and isn't paying child support, or isn't doing his part in raising your kid. But, please, no longer refer to him as sperm donor. Thanks.

Oh, and another thing. These women that talk about needing 'mommy time' are killing me. One in particular. You get 'mommy time' all the time. ALL the time. Every time I see your kids, you are nowhere to be found. You are off in your room, or hanging out with your teenage cousin (which really is not a good idea, but seriously, you are an adult, not a teenager, act like it), or out running around, supposedly have gone to the store to get tampons but have been gone for 2 hours. Maybe if you quit thinking about yourself and put your kids first, you would realize that the 'mommy time' you should be referring to should include those kids. Cause let me tell ya, they need it.

And don't get me started on those 'other' parents. The ones that don't pay child support, or even call to check on their child knowing that his ear drum is ruptured, or forget that their child is having surgery and doesn't call to tell him you love him, or call to check on him to make sure surgery went good. And the ones that say they can't afford to pay child support, but can go out to dinner several times a week, or go on a weekend vacation. And then lie about it. Or the ones that can't pay child support because they can't keep a job, because they can't control their temper and their mouths, and get fired. And then lie about it. Seriously, grow the fuck up. Be a parent. Or walk away and let the people who truly care do it without the disruption of you. Cause you obviously have NO idea just amazing your child is. And quite honestly, the older these kids get, the less they need you, or even want you for that matter. I am not saying that we are perfect parents. Cause I know we aren't. But, one thing that we do, always have and always will, is put our kids first. I couldn't tell you how many times a bill had to be put back so that we could pay the dr, or the orthodontist, or buy a new pair of shoes cause who knows how in the hell he ripped the sole of his, or the last time we went out to dinner. It isn't a priority, not when money is tight. But it would be nice. But we would never put aside taking care of our kids or buying them something that they needed so that we could go to dinner. Never would we do this. But, apparently, this is common practice of 'other' parents.

Yeah, I feel a little stressed today. A little, um, bent out of shape maybe. Or maybe fed up with people and their lies, and their ignorance.... and I will try and be nice. Well, it might be too late for that... but damn, it sure felt good to get all that off my chest!

Just have t0 add, that I am lucky to have Kelly. And our 4 wonderful, precious, amazing, beautiful kids. And even though I seem to be (or, rather, actually really am) in a bit of a pissy mood. None of it is caused by Kel or the kids. I am just aggravated. Tired. Fed up. And sometimes, you just need to get it all out. And today was apparently my day to get it all out! And I do feel better. Some what.

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you are worried about those poor kids.
One day they will be in a position and will be able to say....if I didn't grow up with a mother like I did....I wouldn't be the person I am today. and hopefully that will be a good person :)

Keep being the example and great mom that you are !

Jen said...

Wow, that HAS to feel better to get that out! Your kids are so lucky to have such loving and giving moms. Despite other parents who aren't pulling their weight, your example and love are all that they need and they are going to be just great. Sorry you're frustrated. (((Hugs to you)))