Thursday, March 31, 2011

Well, guess who has strep?

That's what the dr said when she came back in. Had just done the rapid strep test. And it's positive. Caelyn has strep. Again.

Poor baby. We knew it was coming though. On Monday she told Kelly that she didn't feel good. That her throat hurt. Yesterday, she was super sensitive. Cried over the littlest thing. That's not like her. And then she fell asleep at 7pm. That's definitely not like her either. She woke up around 9 (we were watching idol with the big boys) - and climbed on the chaise with Kel and I and fell back to sleep. Around 930, I have Jayk get me the thermometer, cause she felt warm. Temp was 101.1. Knew it was strep. She is a trooper though. Doesn't freak out at the dr like Gryfinn always has. Didn't like the throat culture, but doesn't completely lose it when it is done. And she takes her medicine like a champ. And except for being super sensitive, she handles being sick so well.

Wanna know why else we knew it was coming? Kel and I are both off work this week - and the boys are on Spring Break. Someone usually gets sick when we are off like this. Just the way it works. Not that it put a damper on any of our plans - the weather did that. It is cold, and it snowed yesterday. So much for a 'spring' break. We wanted to go to the zoo this week, and spend a day at a local campground - but those things are only 'weather permitting' and let me tell ya - the weather is NOT permitting. So, instead we have been helping my Mom get her new house in order. We spent Monday out there getting her kitchen together - cleaning and painting, and the boys also shampooed the carpet in the bedrooms. And I wiped down the walls and painted one of the bedrooms on Tuesday - so we have been busy. Tomorrow we are planning to go to the movies (cross fingers that Caelyn feels up to it!!). We had thought we would go see Hop - but Gryfinn wants to see Gnomeo and Juliet - so I am not sure what we will see. But it will be fun. A nice family outing - inside a movie theatre where it is dry and warm. ;o)



We were at the store to get her script - she was leaning

against me as we were walking around while they

filled her script and she fell asleep - I had to pay so I tried

to wake her up. She sat up, opened her eyes and then

layed her head down. Poor baby.

1 comment:

This Mom said...

I hope Miss Caelyn is feeling lots better by now and that you all get to enjoy your week off.