Friday, July 2, 2010

Random Muttering....

I have been horrible at blogging, but from those that have been around, know this is normal. I am just horrible at blogging! I love to do it, but just can never seem to find the time.

Summer is in full force - regular season baseball is almost finished with the exception of a few rain out games to be made up. If Jarrods team wins the majority of those games, they will be their league champions - which is AWESOME!! They really do have a great team, and that includes Jayk - they picked him up as an extra player before the first game, and he has played every game with them. He is 9, playing on an 11-12 yr old team - and they place him at 2nd base and he is second bat (with Jarrod first bat) - Yes, yes, we are definitely proud Moms!!

Football practice (if you didn't notice in the post below) has started up! And I am super excited! Football is my FAVORITE sport. And I love that Jarrod is playing. Of course the games don't start til September, and I am not ready for it to be September yet - but I am excited for football!

Jayk is playing on the 10u Allstar team for the league. We are super excited about this - tournament play is so much fun! But, due to us being on vacation for 10 days - he only gets to play in one tournament. And poor Jarrod, he was selected for the 12u Allstar team, but it did not do any good, cause the tournaments they are playing in are when we are gone also.

And speaking of vacation - we are ALL SUPER EXCITED!! Just can not wait! We leave on July 16 - in 14 days!! We are going to the beach - and I just can not wait! 7 days of nothing but relaxing! No stress, no hassels, no time schedules, no alarm clocks, no work, no practice - Just the sun, the sand, the ocean, MY FAMILY, and TONS OF FUN and RELAXING! I am a bit worried about the drive. It is a total of 16.5 hrs of driving. We are splitting this into 2 days. I really want to get 12 hours of driving done on Friday. That way we only have a little bit of driving to do on Saturday - I would rather not be super worn out from driving when we get there, and also, we can check into the house at 1pm, and I would like to be there as close to 1 as possible. But, with the kiddles, especially Caelyn who does AWFUL in the car - I know that this is probably wishful thinking. We plan to have LOTS of stuff to keep them busy. And after each stop, we will give them something new - so hopefully this will help. Of course, we aren't worried about the big boys - they will be good. With their phones, DS's, MP3 players, dvd player and some travel games - we probably won't hear much out of them! It is just the little ones that I worry about.

Hope you are all doing good!!! And Have a Fantastic 4th of July!!!

4 comments:

B said...

I am so glad you are gettng a vacation! Have a great time and take lots of pics! That will give you much to blog about!

Kate said...

Have a great vacation- we pretty much vacationed the whole month of June and it was wonderful!
Red Box's are great because you can change them out every time you stop for gas.
We just drove 1800 miles so I feel for you- but think about the sand on your toes!

Montana's mom said...

I am terrible at blogging too, life seems to get in the way! Just post when you can love to read about all of the kiddos! Have a great vacation!!!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!! Sounds so nice! I understand about blogging.. just blog when you get a chance, we will be here when you are ready!