Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hey Soul Sister!

Yeah.... it's been awhile since I have blogged. I blame it on Kel - cause she got me a Kindle for my b-day, and I have been spending all my free time reading. (read The Lovely Bones - good book) So, I blame her. lol And if I haven't been reading, I have been playing games on the laptop. I am addicted to the hidden object games. LOVE Huntsville. (you can try it online for free for an hour - that's what we did, and then we had to buy it, cause we were sucked in!) And there is some thing on Kel's netbook that takes me to a game website, and they have tons of hidden object games, and you can play each one three times before you have to buy. So, basically what I am saying is that I am a blog loser and a game junkie! :o)

Life is crazy hectic as usual. Baseball is getting ready to start, and I am soooo ready! Super excited about baseball. Love to watch the boys play, and it also means that warmer weather and more sunshine are around the corner! YAY!

I have had to work in office the last couple of weeks, and I have to say it is kicking my tail. I am used to rolling about of bed with enough time to pee and start the coffee pot before logging in. Having to go in means I have to get up, shower, make myself presentable, eat and be to work by 6am. Except that we are on overtime, and for me to get in OT, I have to go in early, so at least 3 days a week I go in at 5am. That means that I set my alarm for 3:40am. And let me tell you, that just is not right. The only reason you should see that time of day is if you have been out partying or if your kids are sick! And to makes things worse on myself, I can not seem to get to bed at a decent time. I think I am a gluten for sleep deprivation.

I have started taking Zumba classes. And I LOVE it!! The class was $5 a class or 10 for $30. I did the 10. There are 3 classes a week (tues, thurs and fri). Due to Jarrods bucket band I cannot go on Tues, but will go on Thurs and Sat until baseball takes away my Thursdays. I really enjoy it. It is something that is just for me, and I go, and sweat my ass off, and really do let off some steam and relieve some stress. And I have lost 6 pounds (in 2 weeks and 3 Zumba classes). I am also trying to walk on the treadmill 2-3 times a week. (reading my kindle while I walk!)

We are having some changes in our house. They are moving Kel's 2nd shift to 1st shift. There has been talk for a few weeks, but they have been told that it is happening, probably around May 1. We have done lots of talking and stressing and worrying. We lose $600 a month and were worried that we would have to pay a sitter to keep Gryfi and Caelyn. But, they are going to let Kel work 11-7:30, and since I get off work at 2:30, we will only need someone to keep the kids from 10:30ish to 3ish. And after talking with our parents, they have agreed to help us out. Thank goodness. The thought of having to put the kids with a sitter or daycare really bothered me. That is the whole reason that Kel went on nights. We wanted to have more kids, and we didn't want to have to worry about a sitter. We wanted our kids with us. I hate that they are taking away her shift...... but I also love it. I am really looking forward to having her home and off work. I don't know if she will want to go to bed when I do every night, but I am sure she will sometimes, and that will be nice. And I think we will have more time as a couple. When you only have the weekends, it makes it hard at times. So, yeah, we wouldn't have changed her to 1st now, we were gonna wait til Caelyn started school, but since we didn't have a choice we will have to make it work. And even though we will have to figure out a budget with the loss of money, I think it might just be a blessing in disguise.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the blog title, it's just cause I love the song, and it makes me think of Gryfinn, cause he sings 'Hey soul system!' and that makes me smile!

Sorry it was so long...... and I am gonna try and steal myself away from the kindle and the games more...... but I won't make any promises! :o)

3 comments:

Montana's mom said...

Glad to see all is well! I am not much of a blogger of late either but I do try to keep up on others! I am very excited about spring coming too I can't wait until it gets warm and stays there!

Kate said...

I love my Kindle- best invention! Sounds like things are busy. Hang in there for the changes.

This Mom said...

I didn't think that the Kindle was for me when I first heard about it. I love reading, but I love books too and I thought it would take away from the joy of reading. But the more I hear, the more curious I am to try one.
Shell has worked nights since the kids were born, so I understand the benefit of not having to deal with daycare, but also having to sacrifice time with your wife. I envy you the extra time you'll have with her and hope that everything works out.