Friday, March 26, 2010

YOU ATE THE WHAT??!!!!

This is a Gryfi story from a couple of months ago.... I am a slacker and am just now blogging it. I know, I know.... I suck!

Mr Gryfinn is known to make up words. Combine words together, and they take on a new sound.

Well, one evening, he had asked for a bagel. I made it, cut it into four pieces, gave it to him, and then went about my business. A little later, I walk back in the room, and he looks at me, with a giant smile on his face, super proud of himself and says:

"Mommy, I ate the homos!"
I ask "You ate the what?!"
He smiles bigger and says "I hate the homos!"
I, of course, laughing by this point, yell down at Kelly (she's working) to come upstairs, and I tell her to ask him what he ate
Kel says "What did you eat Gryfinn?"
Proudly, he proclaims "I ate the homos!!"
She looks at me and says "What did he eat?"
Gryfinn answers"I ate the homos!!"
We both crack up, and have NO idea what he is saying.

Come to find out, he was saying "I ate the wholemost" -combining I ate the whole thing, and I ate the most - and this comes out as "I ate the homos!"

Between him saying in the middle of a restaurant (and yes, at the top of his lungs) "I NEED PECKER!!" (he actually wanted pepper) and him 'eating the homos' - this kid really does keep me in stitches!!


Rotten rotten rotten!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week! What a sweetheart

K J and the kids said...

That is HILARIOUS !
OMG he is so cute. Love that picture.

Stephanie said...

So funny, he is so cute. I can only imagine what word he will think of next.