We get there, and it's not crowded, which is nice. Gryfinn and Jayk climb up the rocks and go down the slides together.

We then take Caelyn to the smaller slide, and let her play a little. She wasn't too sure about it, until her big brother Gryfinn came to her rescue!!


Then we head on over to the dinosaur slide. And Gryfinn realizes that this is his favorite! He LOVES this one! He can climb up by himself, and there are two slides, so he can go down by himself, or he can go down with a buddy! He was loving it!


Gryfinn also showed how much of a gentleman he can be. He was so sweet to the little girl picture aboved. They would go down together, and in true male fashion, he would take off, and have to get to the steps first, and climb up. But when he got up to the top and sat down, he would turn around and wait, and just watch her come up the steps and sit down next to him. And then they would go down together. Too sweet!
Also at the park, they have the newer version of the jungle gym, and Jaykie had a good time on those. And they have the dinosaurs that bounce back and forth, and a rock that can be clmibed on.



All in all, it was a great trip to the park..... Until.....
The next thing we know, a car load full - and you know what I mean by car load - where there are 5 seatbelts and 10 people crawl out. 3, probably more like 4, should still be in car seats, while a couple more should atleast be in boosters. Not that this is a sign of anything - but hey, let me be stereotypical for a moment - and say that comment might just be a lie. But, seriously, NO stereotypical thought or comment could have prepared us for what was in store.
Not that I don't cuss, cause I do. I am known to say shit, and damn or dammit, and I do drop the F bomb sometimes (alot during football season). And I am known to call the villians on tv 'stupid bitch', and also known to say 'that pisses me off' or 'I am pissed off'. And we playfully call the dog bastard - and maybe sometimes not so playfully when he has gotten into the trash, or taken stuff off the back porch and strung it through the yard or when he decides to clean out the litter box - bastard has been known to be thrown around. And yes, Gryfinn has repeated most of them atleast once. But these women, that got out of this car, make me look like an Angel. They would put a trucker, or a sailor, or Andrew Dice Clay to shame. And the best part - WE WERE AT THE PARK!!!!! Or as they so frequently put it - at the mother fucker. Everything was the mother fucker. And I do mean everything. The plastic rock climb to the big slide - she yelled from across the park to her child to 'climb up that mother fucker'. She told her friend as she handed her her purse - 'hold this mother fucker'. And not only were inanimate objects so ruefully dubbed 'mother fucker' - her kids were also. 'Get that mother fucker' is what she said to one kid when she wanted her to grab the hand of her sister. And then she would randomly yell out words, words such as pu$$y. Words that should never be spoken in a public place, especially one that is specifically geared toward children. We have no idea why she would just spew these words out of nowhere - but she would. And you could just see the faces around cringe whenever she opened her mouth. I am forever grateful that Jayk had made some new friends and was playing on the rocks, and that Gryfinn was so engrossed with climbing the dinosaur slide, and then sliding down, and racing back to the other side, to pay her any attention. And you could hear the HUGE sigh of relief when she received a phone call and walked to the other side and sat down.
And then this guy shows up.
Shirt says:
I may not be Mr Right but I will fuck you til he shows up
Yes, I know it is the park, and no one wants to wear their Sunday best to the park. But COME ON! THERE ARE CHILDREN AT THE PARK!!! Heck, I wouldn't wear such a shirt around the house, because I have children. Yes, I am known to have worn shirts that say things such as 'I go to school for the chics' and one that has Australia on it that reads 'I'd rather be down under' and one that has the owl with the lollipop that reads 'How many licks'. But, my kids did not get those metaphors. So I was safe - and I would not wear them now - since we have an 11 year old. Ok - but seriously - what woman in their right mind would even consider this man to be Mr Right - but to use him as Mr Wrong til Mr Right comes along - puh-lease! Eeeww - that thought just totally - eeewww - yuck! And the saddest part of all - the little girl pictured above, that Gryfinn was so fond of, belongs to this man. He is her Dad. Poor poor poor child.
11 comments:
It's hard to know just where to start so I'll start at the best place. The pictures all look so awesome! Was this before the kids got sick or are they all better? I love the way they are all so fond of each other. Quite adorable.
#2 - It totally looks like Kelly (sorry, I think that one is Kelly but maybe it's Dani) looks like she either has a Dinosaur growing out of her forehead or resting on her forehead (one of my favorite hobbies - balancing things on her forehead) in the picture where she's/you're holding the baby up. Wow, I think I'll nominate that sentence as my run-on of the day.
#3 - I am continually amazed at the language people use in public places. I've asked people to tone it down when I have the kids with me before but this sounds just... I don't know. Almost like she was high or something. Can you imagine what she calls the kids when she's actually upset with them. I shudder to think. I once took defensive driving and the officer teaching said that using language like that in public is actually illegal. Public something or other. He said that if he’s eating in a restaurant and someone is using language like that he will go over and suggest that they clean it up while making sure they notice his badge on his belt. If that doesn’t work, he will take them to his patrol car, put them in the back and then come back and leisurely finish his meal before taking them to the station.
#4 - Seriously. No one should wear that shirt unless they are a. A frat guy at a sorority party AND b. look approximately like Brad Pitt.
These pic's were taken before we were struck with the sickness.
And that is me, with the dinosaur balancing on my head. When we were looking through pic's we said that it looked like the dinosaur was eating my head. haha
Wow...I'm speechless. Shocked more like it. It's so sad what goes on. And here I was upset last weekend when I was at an indoor playground and a mom read a book while I played with her son. I think I would've lost it if I was in your shoes. :(
Oh good hell !
I have a truckers mouth but I NEVER swear around my kids. Well NEVER around Syd but I'm VERY careful even around my boys. I totally joke but COME ON ! I would have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever sizing her up and telling her to keep it down that her language was not only inappropriate but offensive to everyone around.
Seriously. I would have said something. Regardless of whether my kids were tuned in. I think everyone would have had your back.
That is SO NOT cool !
Oh and seriously. I go to school for the chicks.....that's just funny :) ha ha
Oh my gosh. Im in shock! I cant even imagine how you must feel WOW.
That is terrible. And that shirt???? Come on...wearing THAT to a kids playground???? Holy Cow, God help these people.
Great pictures though.
Seriously when you told me I needed to check out your new post, I had no idea that was what I was in store for...on one note I absolutely loved the pictures, they were adorable...on the other note....I am so angry and I was not even there...OMG...such mixed emotions, I would have wanted to say something but at the same time she is probably the type person that would not hesitate to get into a fight with someone, stranger or not and I have never been in a physical fight and sure don't want to start at this age. I would have loved to have gone over to the guy and said nice shirt and when he said thanks or really I would have been like NO, so inapproriate around a park geared for children. Gotta love Springtucky!
Oh my on his shirt is all I have to say.
Well the pictures are awesome before all the hoopla.
Sorry you had to deal with that nonsense!
First let me say that all the pics are awesome and your kids are as cute as can be!!!
Secondly no way in he!! would I let him be Mr. Wrong for me that is just well......wrong!!!!!
Lastly anyone that uses that kind of language around children do not deserve to have any! I cuss just as much as the next person but come on I at least try to watch my language around my and others kids.
Well I say, I work with Truck Drivers everyday, well my brother is a truck driver, and he does not call his kids MF'ers lol.
You know the sad part is, that woman is probably like one of those church women that give us crap for our lifestyle, as she hides her secret life is a park cusser from her fellow ladies of the church. lol
Then Mr. Hot, that cracks me up, because Kate and I always take pictures of people that make us laugh like that. Yeah I think he needs to maybe burn that shirt. lol
Hey you girls have a great weekend and you made me laugh. People never cease to amaze me.
Jen
That shirt is so completely offensive and wrong. He looks like a real winner. I could just envision him picking his noes right now and wiping it on his jeans. I hate it when people wear tacky shirts like that in public. Like "While you were reading this, I farted" (seen on a 13'ish year old boy at Target). Or, "If pu$$y wasn't meant to be eaten, it wouldn't be shaped like a taco." I think it's hysterical though that you took a photo of him by pretending to be taking one of you and Caelyn. That trash mouth mom is unbelievable. I would have wanted to say something to her too but she probably would have told you to F off! It sounds like she's either on drugs or has a mental issue. Besides all that ugly business, your kids are just adorable and that park looks way fun! They just need to clean up the trash in it! :)
Wow..I've never heard such things from an adult at the park, but I have had problems with "teenagers" and what they say. But that man.. thats just wrong eihter way it goes! lol BTW I was on NW and commented that I'd look for your blog today when I updated mine, so I'm proud to say I found you! Good thing your kiddos have unique names or I'm not sure I would have. It was fairly simple, I went on Michelle's blog- she has everyone there :-)- and started down the list, you were close to the top. Now I'm rambling..and I sound like a stalker..sorry! Just email me through my profile and I'll send you an invite to mine if you want.
Post a Comment