Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Vacation..

was AMAZING!!! We had such an awesome time. I know that I am well over a month past to blog about this. I had tried while we were on vacation, but the WiFi was a bit iffy, and each time I would be in the middle, I would lose service. And after a couple of tries, I gave up. But anyways, our vacation really was amazing! The ocean was perfect - the waves were just the right size, (perfect for boogie boarding!) the sand was ever so soft, we had great weather a few days, and a couple of cloudy days, and a couple of days were the red flags were out due to the under currents. It will take me a couple of blogs to tell about the entire week.

Gryfinn wasn't too sure about the water at first. Actually, he did not warm up to it until Thursday. I don't know exactly what it was, but I think he was intimidated by how BIG the ocean is. He would get upset if he would see Kel or I walk into the water. But on Thursday he would put his feet in, and by Friday he had a blast jumping the waves. Jarrod and Jayk lived on the beach with my Mom. They would be there by 8am most mornings, come back for lunch, and then go back until 3-4pm, sometimes later. They collected lots of shells, and did so much boogie boarding! They really were beach bums all week! Caelyn was just as good as always. The beach was 250 feet from our house, so I would strap her in the Moby for the walk - and she would be asleep by the time we got there, and would sleep the entire time. The vacation was just what we all needed. There was no rush, no time clock, no alarm clock. And it was just so relaxing. No stress of the everyday life at home.

I will leave you with some (believe me, it is just a couple compared to the hundreds that we took!!) pictures. These are of our first couple of days at the beach, the private pool at our house (the one and only time that Kel, Gryfinn and I got in - we didn't need the pool after all, we preferred the beach and the ocean!) and of the lighthouse in Corolla. (If you are a fan of John and Kate - you will recongize this light house!)
















4 comments:

onemorebaby said...

Hey there! The kids look great! Sounds like you had an amazing time!

Hugs!
ag

Shannon said...

I am so glad that you finally updated your blog. I have been dying to see pictures of the kids. Looks like you had a blast! The kids are all gorgeous as usual!

Unknown said...

Beautiful family and beautiful vacation!

twondra said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! Love the pictures! You have a beautiful family!