Saturday, September 4, 2010

WELL, hello there stranger....

Yeah, it has been forever since I blogged. The last thing was a picture of Gryfi from his 4 year check up. I have so many updates, so many pictures, so much to share. I just don't even know where to begin. And I am tired, so won't be doing much sharing tonight. Especially since Gryfinn has been fevering. It had me worried. At 4:15 his fever was 102.6, so we gave him some motrin. 1.5 hours later, he felt even hotter. I take his temp again, it is now 103.5. I get him to take a luke warm bath, and then check his temp again, and it is now 102.9. It has been 3 hours so we give him some tylenol. Finally, after almost 6 hours his fever starts to break. Now he is nice and cool, and sleeping soundly on the couch next to me. So, I really should be getting myself to sleep. I figure he will be up early. I sure hope it's not with a fever. I hate when the kids are sick. I just want to do whatever I can to make them feel better. And we are playing that game - do we take him do we not take him ~ is it strep is it just viral - UGH! I hate insurance companies!

Ok - I am off to try and sleep. I have scooted the love seat up next to the couch, that way I can maybe relax and get some sleep - Gryfinn is within reach so I can keep checking on him and making sure he's not fevering throughout the night.

Good night all, and enjoy your Labor Day (hopefully 3 day) weekend!

****Updated****
Took Gryf to the dr - it's strep. And we are STILL having a horrible time getting rid of his fever. I woke him up at 6 this morning to give him some tylenol cause he was burning up. We have been alternating the motrin/tylenol all day, and we even made sure with the dr that we are giving him enough (and we are) but his fever has not gone below 102 today. We are keeping him hydrated, and hoping that his 2nd dose of antibiotic will help. (Kel is taking his temp right now - it has been over 2 hours since he had motrin, and his fever has gone from 102.8 to 103.4 - damn it - why won't it work??)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Poor Gryf! The last time Maddie was fevering it seemed like it took forever to break even though we were giving the tylenol or motrin regularly. Though you know they say that you don't always want to bring down the fever because it means that the body is fighting the infection. I always still want it to go down though. Hopefully he'll feel better soon now that he's got the antibiotic. Hugs to you Gryffin!

Montana's mom said...

Poor Gryffin! I hope he is better!! I know how you feel about the kids being sick, I hate it too. It seems like every time I go to Indiana, Montana gets sick and ends up in the ER with something. Luckily this year it was only a double ear infection--said sarcastically!

I hope none of the others catch it! Keep us all posted as to how he is doing.

Jennifer said...

I hope Gryffin is feeling better by now!

Unknown said...

Austin had strep a few weeks ago and I felt horrible cause at first I thought it was his 2 year molors breaking through :( Anyhow I hate when they are sick like that :(