Well, Mom is doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better! They let her go home yesterday, and that is what she needed. To be in her own clothes, and in her own comfort zone. And I think she also needed to see the kiddles. And they needed to see her. Jarrod has a band performance, and I will be going to see her after that. I am so relieved that she is feeling better.
In other news...
Kelly is now on days. She has worked nights for 6 years. When we decided that we wanted to have more kids, we decided to work different shifts. That way we wouldn't have to worry about a sitter. So in January of 2004, she switched her shift to 4-12:30. When we came home to work, her hours switched to 2:30-11, and I worked 6-2:30. It worked out good for the kids. She got to do all the day time school functions, and was home with Gryfinn and Caelyn during the day. And then I did all the practices, and events and such in the evening. We have always talked about her going back on days, once all the kids were in school. About 2 1/2 months ago, we were told that they were moving her shift back to days. We stressed over things. We would lose money - as she gets a night shift differential, and she also baby sat a lil boy during the day, and we would lose out on that money too. And at first we thought she would work 11-7:30. That way we would only have to get a sitter for part of the time. And then, once we sat down and talked about it, we both thought she should work 9-5:30. Working at 11, she couldn't do school functions, and we still had to get a sitter, but she would also miss out on night time events and such. So, we are both working days. And I LOVE it! I didn't realize how much I missed having her home at night until the last two weeks before she switched. I just always had to do it. I didn't have a choice. I had to handle all of the stress of the 4 kids, and the being here and there and everywhere, and toting the kiddles around, and trying to get them all in bed. Now we are a team again! And we also get more time together. And that is great! We still have the stress of losing out on some money, but we will manage because we have to. At least we will be together when we are stressing!
There is more, so much more.... but the I have to tend to the kids and get dinner started.
4 comments:
Sooo glad to come read shes better. You sound much better too!
YAY ! We talked about doing nights so that we didn't ever have to have a sitter...but I couldn't lose my time with J more than losing time with the kids.
Thankfully it didn't ever come to that.
I'm so glad things worked out. Enjoy your time together. Now you can have date night :)
That's wonderful that you're together again in the evenings. That had to be so difficult doing the separate shifts for so long. Hope it continues to work out for you. Hugs to you all!
So glad to hear your mom is okay. And glad to hear you are getting more time with Kelly. We have had some work changes too (I will talk more about on my blog eventually) and sometimes change is a great thing it just takes a bit to realize it!!!
Post a Comment