Monday, May 24, 2010

Little Miss



An update on Lil Miss Sunshine! Lil Miss Attitude! Lil Miss Too Big For Her Britches! lol

Caelyn is just really growing. I need to measure to see how much she has grown. Her legs seem so much longer. She only weighed 23lbs 6oz at her last checkup. So I am sure she is closer to, if not over, 24lbs now. And she is a handful! And I mean that in a good way! I really do!

She practically has herself potty trained. (and yes, I would like to take credit, but I can't!) We bought her a potty a few months back. Just to get her used to it. She would sit on it, but wasn't showing much of an interest. She would at random times say she had to go potty, and then she would. She would pee and poop in the potty. But nothing consistent. And since she won't be 2 until June (gasp!) we weren't and still aren't pushing it. But two weeks ago, when she woke up, she told Kel that she had to go potty. And she did. And she has been ever since. As long as she doesn't have any bottoms on. If she has on a diaper, pull-up or underwear, she is more likely to go in them. But, she is doing great - and running around naked most of the time. If we go outside, we take the potty and put a dress on her - but since she is so clumsy, we get mooned quite frequently!
Here she is sitting on the potty, reading, when
we first bought it! Shesaid she had to go poop,
so we told her to geta book, she came back with
the toboggan on! Silly silly girl!
And boy does she talk! She talks non stop! And we can carry on full conversations with her. Of course, there are some words that we don't understand, but for the most part, she talks really clear. (I promise to get some video sometime, and post it). She just came out of the bedroom and said to me "Mommy, Bippy (Gryfi) hit me ona head!" and this was followed by "I needa banyade(band aid)!" and now she just told me "Mommy, I wanna go oushide (outside)" and then 'I need a bownee(brownie). I hold in ma haaand!"(cause I told her she could have a little piece, I think this was her way of saying that a little piece will not work!)
And this lil darling can count! She can count to 10, and sometimes she will go to 13. I know, sounds crazy huh? But I swear she does! (I promise to get this on video also!) She just blows me away!
She is so very sweet, but so very rotten. Very strong willed! And just strong. Gryfinn will say something's heavy, and then say 'here sis, you carry it!' And she does, like it's nothing.
If I say, Caelyn, don't open that door. She looks at me, all sweet like, puts up her hand, and says "I not" and then she will take a step closer to it. Then I say "Caelyn!" The hand goes back up, she looks at me and says "I not, Mommy! I not!" And then she grabs the door. It is so hard not to laugh, cause it is really cute, but also bad, bad, bad!
She seems like she is 1 going on 13. Especially these past couple days. She is teething, so she has been very emotional. Goes from whining and/or crying, to super loving, to oh my gosh enraged to crying to super loving to silly.
She loves her clothes, and the first thing she says when you get her dressed is "Oh Mommy, I pwetty!! I show Mama?!" (or if Kel gets her dressed, it's "Oh Mama, I pwetty!! I show Mommy?!") But she is by no means a girly girl. She rough and tumbles, and loves to play in the dirt.
And she just absolutely adores Gryfinn! They are really close, and it is just so cute! And she mothers him. It is really sweet! They play so well together, and miss each other when they are apart. (he misses her when she naps, and she misses him if he is playing with his best buddy that lives next door). But they also fight so well too!
This is just some of the things about our Lil Miss! (actually, while I am sitting down at the computer to blog, this is all I can think of - and I know the moment I get up and get busy making dinner, I will think of something that I wish I would have remembered to put in this post!)
***Items italicized happened as I was posting, and I went back up and added them***

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

She is BRILLIANT ! I canNOT believe the girl is potty training herself before the age of 2. WOW. and that vocabulary. HOLY COW !
Girl can talk. What a cutey.

Montana's mom said...

Wow congrats on the easy potty training! Out of the mouth of babes, the things they say are so adorable! I am glad her and Gryffin get along so well! Sounds like you have one smart girl on your hands!!

Jen said...

What an amazing kid! What a little fiesty one you have there...and super smart too. Cannot believe that she is potty training herself. You are sooo lucky!