Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bad Blogger - And Baseball Crack

BAD BLOGGER

Ok - so I know that I have been like one of the world's worst bloggers. I need to make a vow to do better. And then I need to stick with it. I have been reading all of your blogs, but horrible about commenting. I am feeling better, so the time off did the trick. Our trip was great! All 4 kids loved the water and had a great time. I have pictures, but our laptop seems to like to ruin our pictures when they are uploaded. It changes the color, will put lines through them, so I am not sure what to do. If anyone has any suggestions (besides throwing the laptop out and getting a new one - which is what I would like to do! lol) as to how to fix the problem, please let me know. And once again, I have like a million blogs all typed up in my head (and most have pictures to go with them - damn laptop) and I am sure that most of them will fail to get posted. There is just not enough time to get done everything that needs done, let alone some of the things that I would like to do. Ok - enough bitching! :-)



BASEBALL CRACK

Ok, so we live within the city limits. Our kids attend a city school. They play sports for the city leagues. And we love all of it. My brother, (who is getting divorced from the world's biggest bitch - but that's another blog) has lived in the county for the past 9 or so years. Their kids go to a county school, and play sports for that county school. And I am just now realizing that my brother has become prejudiced when it comes to the schools and the sports. Now, we lived in the city until I was 10, he was 16, went to city schools, and he played sports for the city leagues. So, this is something new to me. I would not expect him to be this way. But, he is. Ok - so a couple of weeks ago, he came to Jarrod's baseball game. And there is this one family that just lets their kids run wild. The kids are always where we are, bumming food and drinks (cause we always take a boat load, cause chances are we will atleast be there on a Saturday for 6 hours). And I don't think the parents feed the kids anything besides sunflower seeds (still in the shell) and luden's cough drops. Yes, their 2 year old is seen walking around eating these items, as if they are food. And the kids take off, and the parents don't even realize that their 2 year old is gone - and I mean he is gone, like ran away into a neighboring yard, and we can't get him to come back, and then we can no longer see him gone. So, my brother was there, and saw this. And was making comments like 'this stuff doesn't happen at our ball field'. Well, little did he know that this family lives in his school district and goes to the same school as his kids. But anyways, we went to my nephews game that following Sunday. At the 'oh so wonderful, righteous ball park'. And about died when we saw what is pictured below. Because, according to my brother - this kind of thing doesn't happen at his ball park! lol




In the right hand corner, you can see that I am holding
Caelyn up - so Kel can pretend to take her picture! lol


There it is - the BASEBALL CRACK!
In all it's glory - and hairyness, and I am sure sweaty
cause it has been super humid here (are you as grossed
out as we were?)


Look how scared Gryfinn is of the BASEBALL
CRACK! He is burying his head in my Mom's leg!
lol

My Mom had moved up closer to watch my nephew bat, and Gryfinn of course followed her, and this picture could not have been better - if you know what I mean. Cause he really does look like he is afraid of that Monster! lol Good thing he was completely oblivious to it - or he would be traumatized for life!! I have emailed these pictures to my brother with the Subject 'what your ball park looks like from the stands'. He coaches, so he doesn't get to see the lovely stuff that we got to see that day. I will let you know what he says when he responds. :-)

9 comments:

Montana's mom said...

That is too funny! How can someone be "snobby" about baseball in the city? Gryffin looks like he is crying.

K J and the kids said...

That shit is all too common around here....only it's the 16 yr old boys wearing pants that look like they belong to their 8 yr old sisters.
Oh and of course the low ride tight jeans that women are supposed to wear. Crack kills people.
THANK GOD longer shirts are in style cuz nobody wants to see what I got goin' on.

twondra said...

oh my gosh!! That is way too funny!! Too cute that you got a picture of it! :)

Kate said...

I am offended that you are posting pictures of Jen on your site- some things are sacred. lol- the boys always tell her that crack kills.

Glad you had a nice vacation. I have no advice for the laptop pictures- sorry.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Montana's mom said...

OK lets see if I remember all of the questions. We drove out from WA and are flying home. We had to get moms moving truck and her personal vehicle here so we drove. Had a lot of bad weather for three days snow storm (blinding!), sleet, hail, pea soup fog, and rain. You name it we went through it. We actually fly home on the 4th of July so we are going to see the fireworks back home, we get in early evening.

I plan to get her pics taken there whenever I visit I was so impressed. You guys should try the Dayton one at least once and then choose since there isn't too much distance savings there for you.

Yeah I saw the weather hopefully it is not too hot for the boys playing baseball :( that would bite. Saturday here is supposed to be in the upper 80's so hopefully no one has a heat stroke at the birthday party!

Hope all is well with you and yours. Take care and enjoy rooting for the boys this weekend!!

Jen said...

OMG, that is hysterical and horrifying at the same time. I'm so glad you emailed the pics to your brother...now maybe he won't make any more "cracks" about city ballfields!
And oh yeah, I think I beat you to the worst blogger in the world title.

B said...

Hysterical photos!

Unknown said...

Gross :)

Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog by the way!!!

And yes Gryf does look terrified!!!

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

OMG!!! Love it, love it, love it!