Does it mean a mom, a dad, two and a half kids, a dog and a cat? Or does it mean any combination of people that love each other unconditionally, no matter what, and are always there for one another?
I agree with the latter. Our family is unique, different, special, however you want to categorize it. Why? Because our kids have two Mom's? Or is it because Jarrod also has a Dad, a stepmom, and 2 other siblings? Or maybe it is because Jaykie has another Mommy? Making that a total of 3 Mom's for him. Is that what makes our family special? I think not. Our family is special because we are in it. Kel and I , our three boys, our Junebug that will be here any day, and our wonderful furbaby, Oliver. Each member of our family is special, and that makes our family special.
Kel and I are like any other parents. Everything we do is for our kids. I work days, she works nights. This allows for us to be the ones to care for our children at all times. We do not have to rely on daycare, a babysitter, or anyone else. We know that all of our kids are in great hands at all times. Kel gets them up and ready for school. She is able to attend their school functions and their field trips. She does their homework with them after school each day. And she has Gryfinn each and every day. They get to go to the park in the afternoon. And now that it is getting warmer, they get to play in the kiddie pool and splash around. And soon she will be nurturing our newborn all day long. Giving him/her the love and attention that is needed. I am in charge of the evening routine. Making sure they have dinner before I have to take them to baseball, soccer, football, wrestling, bucket band, etc., and while they are at those functions, I am entertaining the Gryfinn Monster, and soon will also be entertaining Junebug. We get home, and we have to do showers/baths and bed time snacks. And I do my best to make sure everything is done, and the kids are tucked in bed by 9-9:30.
On the weekends, when we don't have a game, a meet or a performance, we are doing things with the kids around the house. Our favorite things right now our playing Guitar Hero, blowing bubbles, drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, and playing pass. We are also way excited that the drive in is now open, cause that is something that we love to do with the kids.
And at the end of each and every day, we are a family - a family made up of two Moms, three (soon to be four) kids and a dog. We are special. But not because of the number of Mom's that there are. But because of who we are as a family. Our family value is love. We have not lost that value, but gain more and more of it with each waking moment. I wish the world could just see that. Just see the love. Then they would know what a family really is.
6 comments:
What a beautiful story! Congrats on your newest arrival to be! My partner and I are raising our ten year old daughter: ah, the joys of pre-adolescence! But, at the end of the day, it is all about the family that the three of us, plus our several animal family members, create together. It is beautiful and full of sweet love. Good luck to your family.......check out my blog anytime!!! Peace, Vanessa
Great post! So very true.
LOVE your post!! Awesome description about people who love unconditionally and are there for one another.
And congratulations all over the place!!
My partner and I have two children and were just married in November in Toronto.
Do we have a Junebug yet???
Awww, that was so sweet! And very true! Anxious to see the Junebug. :)
checking in to see if you have that Junebug yet???
Post a Comment