Tuesday, May 20, 2008

37 Weeks

So we only have 3 weeks, 21 days until the due date! And we have reached the milestone of actually being full term. If our lil Junebug decides to come, he/she will be fully developed, and we can also deliver at the Birthing Center like we want! YAY! That makes me so very happy!

Had a dr's appt yesterday - and things are starting to happen! I am dilated to a 1, and the baby is at a -1 station. When doing the exam, he was like "oh the head is right there!" He said that it was a huge change from last week, and due to that, he does seem to think that the baby will come early. He actually told us to have our bags packed, cause he would not be surprised if we didn't make it through the weekend!! WOW!!!!!!!! Granted, we could still go another 3 weeks or so, but to hear the dr say that made us OH SO EXCITED!!!!!! We do have Junebug's bag all done, and we just have to add a few last minute things to our bag, so we are doing good! And I do have to say that this dr does seem to know what he is talking about - when he told me with both Jarrod and Gryfinn that it would be before the weekend was out, he was right! So - we wonder if he will be right about this one too! Only time will tell. Junebug knows when his/her 'birth' day will be - so we just have to wait until he/she decides to give us some signs!!

I started having contractions last Thursday - they aren't anything to really discuss, as they are just noticeable due to the tightening of my abdomen, but it is great to know that they have been doing their job - and getting things moving! I still have them on and off, so heres to hoping that more is happening! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are getting so close! Sounds like you may have a little one very soon!!!

christina said...

First of all, I LOVE the belly pictures--you guys are SO FREAKING CUTE!!! :) I am SO excited for you! Can't believe you are already having contractions! Can't wait to hear about this little one and see pictures! You have exactly 2 weeks and 1 day to have this little babe before I leave the country for 2 weeks!! :) Hugs and love to you all!

christina said...

First of all, I LOVE the belly pictures--you guys are SO FREAKING CUTE!!! :) I am SO excited for you! Can't believe you are already having contractions! Can't wait to hear about this little one and see pictures! You have exactly 2 weeks and 1 day to have this little babe before I leave the country for 2 weeks!! :) Hugs and love to you all!