Wednesday, April 30, 2008

34 Weeks

We are just moving right along. 34 weeks pregnant - 6 weeks - 41 - just a measly 41 days to go!! WOW!!!! It is hard to believe that in about a month and a half we will be meeting our beautiful Junebug for the first time. We will get to hold , kiss and smell him/her for the first time. We will get to hear that precious first cry. The cry that is so sweet, and so wonderful to hear, that it just brings tears to your eyes. Our family is going to grow, by one more child, but mainly by leaps and bounds in love. Our hearts continue to grow in size. Jarrod and Jaykob are both so excited to meet their new sibling - and to find out whether they have a new baby brother or a new baby sister. Gryfinn is so cute when it comes to my belly, he knows that there is a baby in there, and he will lift up my shift and say 'hi baby' and he is always giving my belly kisses. But, Kel and I both know that when we bring this new lil bundle home, that it is going to be rough on him. But, I know how we are. We did everything we could to make it easy on Jarrod and Jayk when bringing Gryfinn home. Although they were older, it was still important to make sure that they never felt left out, and that they never felt like we were replacing them. Cause that is the farthest thing from what is really happening. With having two Mom's, I believe (please no one take offense, this is just my opinion!!) that our children are very blessed. They are never lacking in the Mom love area. If one is busy doing the dishes, there is the other one to turn to. And I think this will definitely come in handy once we bring Junebug home. Since Kel and I both work from home, we are typically always there. So, if one of us sees that Gryfinn is needing a little extra attention, we can call on the other Mom to take Junebug for a bit. In time, it will all work out. I just want to make sure that Gryfinn gets the love and attention that he needs, cause we all know that newborns take a lot of our time, especially in the beginning. But we both love our kids, so very much. So I really don't see this being a problem at all. It will take some time to adjust, for all of us, but soon, we will again be pro's at juggling a 10 year old, 7 (almost 8) year old, an almost 2 year old and a newborn. And it is all so very worth it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow you are so close!!! How exciting!

twondra said...

Time sure flies! I can't believe it!

christina said...

wow! can't believe it! i am so excited to see pictures and hear your birth story! come on junebug--make your appearance before i go to mexico! :)

RainbowMomma said...

I cannot wait to see what Junebug is! A boy Junebug or a girl Junebug.

I believe it *is* hard at first on a lil one like Gryfinn, but I think within a few months, it'll be just like normal. He will forget what life was like before Junebug. It'll all just be so normal and he'll love Junebug so much that it won't matter what came before.

RainbowMomma said...

Just popping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.