Ok, so I have read several different websites, and some say week 27 is the beginning of the 3rd trimester, and some say week 28, and I even found one that said week 29 started it. So - I have decided that I want the 27th week to start it - so I am going to go with that one! :O) A wise decision, if I do say so myself! And I did the math - 13 weeks for the 1st, 13 weeks for the 2nd, puts you at week 26, and then 14 weeks for the 3rd puts you at your due date at 40 weeks! Sounds good to me!
So - I welcome you 3rd trimester, with an open heart, a growing belly, and the onset of baby hiccups!!
At 27 weeks, Junebug is 9.6 inches from crown to rump and a whopping 15.3 inches from head to toe. And he/she weighs in at over 2 pounds now! Growing like crazy - and has practically doubled in size over the last 4 weeks. And believe me, I notice it - those little kicks, and punches, and flip flops are now more like roundhouse power kicks, right and left jabs, and back hand springs!! His/her eyes are now open, getting ready for that first look at his/her Moms who are so in love with him/her. And Junebug can hear us, and will learn that Mommy can not carry a tune, no matter how hard I try or how much I practice (I do love to sing, but no one loves to hear me!) and will learn how loving and soothing Mama's voice is. And those hiccups! They are just such an amazing thing for me to feel, and they aren't bothersome to Junebug, so that is a good thing.
Each day is so very amazing! With each day, we know that Junebug is growing stronger, and that we are getting closer to meeting this beautiful lil being that we have created. And while all those amazing things are going on inside the womb, there is also so much going on outside. We are preparing our house. We were snowed in over the weekend. We got 15 inches of snow, which is amazing for us. Typically a lot for our area is like 6. So with 15, we didn't leave the house for a couple of days. But we got the laundry room organized, Kel cleaned out and organized the garage, I got the wallpaper stripped from the bathroom (all except the spot above the mirror that I can not reach due to my growing belly!!) and we also started going through baby clothes and separating into could be used for a girl and boy only piles. Today we had the walls around our tub redone, and then we had the tub and wall inserts put in. It is amazing the difference in our bathroom! I can't wait until it is all painted, and we have it all finished! There are still a few things to do before Junebug arrives, but we have made a HUGE dent in my list of o do items.
Jarrod and Jayk are about to start baseball. Within a few weeks, it should be warm enough for practices to begin. I so look forward to baseball season. We live at the baseball field. And with Gryfinn being older, we will have a lot of fun running around and playing while the older boys practice. And this will make time fly since we will be so very busy.
Gryfinn is our Monster - and has recently started talking like one. His voice drops, and he sticks his lips out! It is he cutest thing, and makes me laugh hysterically each time he does it! And he is fascinated by my belly! He will lift my shirt up, and just rub my belly, and (despite my protests!) play with my belly button!! And he has really taken to Oreo cookies! They have been my craving (all three boys love it when I have a craving!!) - and Gryfinn really is the poster child for Oreo's. He opens them up, and eats the cream! It is the funniest thing.
We really do have the most amazing boys ever!! I wonder if in a few months I will have to change that to the most amazing kids?!! Only time will tell! ;-)
2 comments:
Wow!!! 3rd tri huh?? Time is moving right along! Congrats!
Congrats on the third trimester!! Woohoo!! You sound so happy and I'm so excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment