Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Monday

I roped him into running first thing in the morning! He wants to run with me (am I lucky or what?!?!:) but with our busy schedules, it's either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. And I've learned, that if I run at night, it takes me forever to cool down, unwind and be able to fall asleep. 

So, hopefully, today started a new trend for us! 

I have not been running. Actually, last Friday was my first run since sept 19. I had ran a few times that week, but my leg was still achey, and I was in a slump. And it has taken me way too long to get out of the slump. 

Both Fridays run and this mornings run went good. Friday was on the treadmill, this morning was around the neighborhood. And I'm starting out slow. I was up to running 2 miles. But, I injured myself. So, for this week, I am running a mile. And then will add another .25 each week, as long as it feels ok. 

It's funny how it takes a good while to build up, and get your body accustomed to running, but how little down time it takes to lose it. Hopefully it won't take as long to build back up. 

Anyways, Happy Monday!! 

"If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." ~ Priscilla Welch, Master Marathon Great

You are speaking to my heart Priscilla. Right now, I am the best runner I have ever been. And with each run, I get better and better. 

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

How fun. And what a nice sense of security you must feel having him with you.