Last Thursday was my birthday... and on Wednesday evening got the best bday surprise ever!
Received an email from our officiant - and this is what it said!!
Well, it's official - you have a legal Washington DC Marriage License!!!!!!
How frickin awesome is that?!! The DC Marriage License does not expire, so the officiant went ahead and applied for it right after we sent her a check for her fees. I just can NOT even tell you how super giddy I am about this! I mean, like OVER the FRICKIN moon excited!
She attached a picture too, and I love it! AbSOlutely LOVE it!! :)
Ok, so I have to add a little kids say.... cause these kids just crack me up!
Today, there was supposed to be a meeting for Gryfinn's baseball team. (I say supposed to be, cause we had it wrote down that it was today, but it is in fact, tomorrow! haha :) So, I take Jayk to practice and Kel takes Gryfinn and Caelyn. She says she is talking to the kids, and it goes a little like this...
Mama: When we get to the school, you are to be good, and listen to me. No running away. Do you understand what I am saying?
Caelyn: (as serious as serious can be) Yes, we will not. We will walk away!
Later on... in the car.
Gryfinn: Sissy, when we get home, do you want me to teach you karate?
Caelyn: (again, with the serious face on) Um, ok... Well, if the bad guys come, I will just get my sword and kill them.
Not sure where she is keeping this sword, but apparently she has some mad sword swinging skills!
In school, they keep track of how well the kids are writing by having them write books. Most of Gryfinn's books are about his friends at school. He just loves school and talks about his friends and his teacher so much! Anyways... the book that came home today, it was titled Gryfinn by Gryfinn :) And this was the first page! He sure knows how to melt my heart! And his sisters for that matter!!
I have a ton more updates - and so much to tell you about the wedding - colors, and flowers, and cake, and reception dinner, and ties, and shoes, and, and, and..... just so much to talk about! I promise to be back, with more updates! I miss blogging. I miss reading other blogs. And I plan to get back into it. Maybe I will set aside like a half hour each night - to either read or blog. Shit, a half hour just isn't long enough! Come on, you all know that it isn't! haha
5 comments:
We also got married in DC! We had a wedding at the Outer Banks in N.C. with all the bells and whistles on 10/1/11. We then drove to Washington DC and stayed for a week on our honeymoon. We applied for the license on that Mon. and then got married, just the two of us and the officiant on Fri. We had her marry us at Constitution Garden, a little area near the mall.
Good luck with your wedding and all the planning! I enjoy reading your blog. I also have some older children and we are now TTC. Although mine are a little older than yours. They are 18 and 20.
Congratulations on becoming official!
Christine
So happy about your upcoming nuptials! That is SO exciting. Maddie is always asking us when we're going to get married. So cute. Love the kids say....and how cute is that page in Gryffin's book?!
JEALUSHY....I want to be able to get married and have it mean something more than pretending that we are really married.
Great Birthday present.
I Loved the, yes mommy...we will only walk away from you. no running. :)
Super cute kids say.
Thisjust made me cry! I am over the moon happy for you both and your family.
so awesome!! can't wait till we all can do this!
Post a Comment