
Kelly's dress!!! YAY!! She found one online, she loved it, so we ordered it. And.
IT! IS! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
I cried when she tried it on. Couldn't help myself. She was just so beautiful! And the dress fit her perfectly and looked absolutely amazing! Have to say, that it is THE. PERFECT. dress for her!!!
Ok, so now, I am sure you are asking "Why did you see her in the dress? Aren't you supposed to NOT see her until the wedding day?"
First off. We are not traditional. And the you can't see her in her dress hoopla is just that, hoopla. Our marriage will not be cursed. (we know SOOOO many weddings where the bride was not seen in her dress, and those marriages didn't last. not all, but some of them). If we were cursed, we would have never made it this far, since we had each others names tattooed on our bodies years ago. Our tattoo guy said we would be done in 6 months. That's been like 9 years ago. ;)
And we are two women getting married. That right there isn't traditional. We are getting married outside - not in a church. Again, nontraditional. And, shoot, I am sure I could go on with so many other reasons that we are nontraditional (had kids first, and THEN got married :), but I think you get the gist of it!
And second, there is no one else that would be more honest with me than her. And with her than me. There is no one else I would rather have with me than her when I go to try on dresses (so will not order mine off the internet - I need to try before I buy!!)
So, we made the decision that we will be the only ones to see each other in our dresses before the big day. (well, with the exception of the kids. Jarrod was speechless when he saw Kel today... it was so cute! And Caelyn LOOOOOVES it!)
So, it may not be traditional, but it is us. And this is our wedding. And there is no other day besides our wedding that should be more about us!
I can't wait to show you how beautiful my soon to be wife is in her wedding dress. She is always beautiful, but there is just something about seeing her in her dress.... just breathtakingly beautiful! But... you have to wait! Just a few more months, and then I promise to bombard you with pictures of the big day!!
Two days in a row! :) And I stayed up late to get this in! My ass should have been in bed hours ago... I don't entirely blame blogging... I blame idol! We hadn't watched last nights show, so we had to watch that before we watched the elimination. Love DVR! Commercial free!! :)
2 comments:
If you can see her...then damn it...we oughta be able to see her.
I'm putting my foot down. I can't wait for a "few more months"
psht !
How exciting! I cant wait for the big days pictures and to read all about. You both deserve this day more than anyone else I know!! ITS YOUR TIME! :)
CONGRATS!
PS, cant you post a pic of the dress for the rest of us? lol
Post a Comment