Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Alphabet MeMe

Got this from Come What May

A. Age
I am 33. I have my own way of thinking when it comes to age. When I was in high school, while all of my friends were dreading growing up and graduating high school, I could not wait. I could not wait to be a grown up - to have my own family. And I have never thought of 30 as old, or 40, or 50 or 60 for that matter. My Dad turned 50 the year I was born, and all the way up until he got sick, he was the most active man I knew. He retired from his job, but was even busier after that. He worked on his friends farm, he fixed the washing machines, dryers and press machines at his friends dry cleaning business. He was just so active. My Mom is 63, and although she may not be as fast, she is still just as active. On the go from the moment she gets up to the moment she lays back down at night. I believe that your age is just a number. It is how you feel on the inside that matters. :)

B. Bed Size
Just upgraded to a King - and I LOOOOOVE it!!

C. Chore you hate
Hmm - well, not that I am particularly fond of any chore, but I would have to say that doing the laundry is my least favorite.

D. Dogs
We have one - Oliver, he just turned 6. He is a BIG baby!!!

E. Essential start of the day
This would be my coffee. I never used to be a coffee drinker. But I guess I finally became a grown up! It's funny, cause when I was a wee little one, I imagined myself as a grown up, sitting around the table, with my BFF, Steph, drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and talking. This is what my Mom did with her friends. And I just knew this is what I would do with mine! Since I have become a coffee drinker, Steph and I have not done this. Maybe we need to make plans to make a little girls imagination come to life - well, minus the smoking of cigarettes, I gave those up years ago!!

F. Favorite Color
Blue ~ preferably dark blue or light blue

G. Gold or Silver
Either White Gold or Silver - I don't have expensive taste, so either works for me!

H. Height
I measure in at a whopping 5'3" - Kel is taller than me, Jarrod passed me up awhile ago, and Jayk will do the same in no time. Gryfinn I am sure will be taller than me, but I have feeling that Lil Miss will be right at my height. We will be the short ones of the bunch!

I. Instruments Played
I played the flute in middle school. Was first chair in 7th and 8th grade. Got a '1' at competition on solos. I enjoyed it, but was ready to be done with it at the end of 8th grade.

J. Job Title
Quality Assurance

K. Kids
We have 4 beautiful kids - Jarrod ~ 13, Jaykob ~ 11, Gryfinn ~ 4 (will be 5 on the 29th), and Caelyn ~ 3. Although I do feel that our family is complete, I would love to have one more - to add to the completeness of our family.

L. Live
I was born and raised in the city where I live. We lived in 'the city' until I was 10, my Mom remarried and we moved to the county. After I moved out, I rented an apartment, a house, an apartment, moved back in with my Mom to help her out as she was divorcing her cheater of a husband, moved in to Kel's apartment, we rented a house, and then we moved one last time ~ bought our house and have been here almost 6 years!

M. Mom's Name
Sandy

N. Nickname
I covered this in the 30 days of blogging (which now that I think of it, I don't think I did day 30 - hmm...) As I said then, my nicknames are Dani, Dan, and the most wonderful, Mommy. The one that I forgot to mention, was Aunt Dani. I love being called this. I have wonderful nieces and nephews! My nephews that are 21 and 23 still call me this. And I love it. I was asked recently if it was weird to have a grown up call me Aunt Dani. And my answer was no. It is not weird. I love it. I guess it should make me feel old. But like I said above, I don't feel old. And I love that they still call me Aunt Dani!

O. Overnight Hospital Stays
They only times I have ever spent the night in the hospital was when I had my kids. With Jarrod, I arrived on Saturday afternoon, he was born at 12:36am Sunday, and I was there til Monday. With Gryfinn, we arrived at the hospital around 9:30pm on Saturday, and he was born at 11:50pm Saturday, and we went home Sunday afternoon. With Caelyn, we were admitted at 5pm on a Tuesday, they started the pitocin at 6pm, and she was born at 9pm. We went home Wednesday evening. Those have been my only complete over night stays at the hospital, and they were such beautiful moments in my life!

P. Pet Peeve
Other parents who don't think they have to take care of their kids ~ and actually are only interested in them and what they are doing if they are trying to impress someone and 'seem' like a real parent. Nothing gets under my skin more than this.

Q. Quote From A Movie
"Shut your mouth when you are talking to me!"

R. Right or Left Handed
Right

S. Siblings
I went into much detail about this on Day 5 in my 30 Day Blogging Challenge. I could say more, I have a few choice words for one of my siblings... but I'm not up for airing dirty laundry at the moment...

T. Time You Wake Up
My alarm first goes off at 5:35am, and the second time is 5:45am, and that is when I get up. On the weekends, the kids usually get us up around 7:30am. If we are lucky, they will sleep in til 8!!

U. Underwear
I wear them, every day. And since I got pregnant with Gryfinn, and then Caelyn - I have gone more for comfort than sexy. Hopefully one of these days, I will lose all the weight I want/need, and comfort and sexy can once again be the same.

V. Vegetable You Dislike
This would be tomatoes. I despise these things! I love spagehetti, and chili, and ketchup, and salsa, but you accidentally put a tomato on my sandwich, I bite into it, I will be gagging and spitting it back out! If I order a sandwich, without tomato of course, and it comes with one, and I send it back, and they bring me a 'new' one - but have only just removed the tomato, I can still taste it, with all it's slimy nastiness. Yuck! I do not like them one bit!

W. What Makes You Run Late
A many number of things make me run late. Pokey kids is a major culprit. Cause it never fails, someone loses a shoe, or didn't brush their teeth like they were told, or forgot to grab their baseball glove/hat/cleats, or after getting all buckled into the car, someone will have to pee 'really bad'. So yeah, the main reason is the kids!

X. Xrays You Have Had Done
Dental xrays, ultrasounds, and have had my ankle and both my thumbs xrayed. Luckily, didn't break either one - just a bad sprain on the ankle, and both thumbs (at different times) were jammed - all 3 injuries are thanks to basketball!

Y. Yummy Food You Make
Kel likes my lasagna, Jayk likes my spaghetti and Caelyn loves my 'new' chicken - which is chili maple with a bit of chipotle seasoning. I make this parmesan crusted tilapia that we all love and these garlic parmesan potatoes that makes all of our mouths water! My maple rum turkey and honey glazed ham for Thanksgiving are always a huge hit. I make my Mom's fudge recipe that is out of this world! I also make Granny Whitehair's peanut butter pie, and it is yummy!! And I make an ice cream cake that everyone loves too. I enjoy cooking, especially big meals for our entire families. And I love to bake ~ cookies, cakes, breads, pies - YUMM!!!

Z. Zoo Animal
I like elephants, and lions, and monkeys, and the prairie dogs, and the otters, and the zebras, and the cheetahs and the giraffes and the stingrays and the manatees - I really just like seeing all the different animals, and realize now that I really want to take the kids to the zoo. Talking about the zoo reminds me of when we went to Indiana on a mini vacation when I was pregnant with Gryfinn. We went to an indoor water park there, and also went to the zoo. Well, we were at the lion exhibit, and we could tell that the lion was a little bit agitated. He was just pacing back and forth. And as we were standing there, we saw him hike his leg and pee - out through the bars. Like he was trying to pee on the people at the exhibit. It was the most bizarre, most hilarious thing ever!

5 comments:

K J and the kids said...

What about parents who aren't trying to impress someone but just aren't caring for their kids ? Is that ok ? :)
That's funny.

DaniKel said...

@KJ - when I was talking about 'other' parents, I was referring to the fact that two of our kids have 'other' parents. Non custodial parents - and their actions were what I was talking about. They know that they don't have to take care of them, cause we will. The things that they do, that is what gets under my skin.

Guess I should have been more clear. Don't even get me started on the worthless parents in this world that neglect their children.... that is an entirely different subject, and one that would not be classified under a pet peeve!

This Mom said...

I'm glad you did this one too. It wasn't hard, just highlighted things that were fun to learn about others. And...I'm totally with you on the underwear thing.... :)

Montana's mom said...

This is neat! Learned some more new things about you and yours! Thanks for doing it. When I get 5 seconds to breathe I will complete the 30 days...........

Jen said...

Fun facts! And your "Y" category made me really hungry all of a sudden. Sounds like you're an awesome cook!