Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wonderfully Wordfilled Wednesday

Christmas is over, and I hope all of you had a truly wonderful Christmas! We sure did! All four kids seemed to really like everything they got. And as usual, they were spoiled! We were just a bit more frugal in our spoiling of them this year, and we stuck to things that they asked for or that we knew they wanted or would really like. Kel spoiled me too. I got a Keurig mini brewer, and I LOOOOOVE it! Also got a shark steamer, but it was broken so I have to take it back, but I already know that I love it even though I haven't used it yet! (I have been wanting one for some time! :) I got her a mini HD recorder thing, which she has been asking for! (so expect some video of the kids here soon!!) And some other odds and end stuff. Kel's Mom spoiled all of us, as she usually does!! We completely get a second Christmas there each year! (As a matter of fact, I think we get more there than we do at home! We completely have to renovate the kids' rooms to be able to fit all their new stuff!!)



We have already taken our tree down, which we don't usually do til the first of the year. But we didn't have a choice. Our tree died. We have never had this issue before, but this tree just did not make it. I kid you not, if one of the kids would just walk by, you could just hear all the needles falling off! So, think about it, we have 4 kids, 1 dog and 2 cats (one of which LOVED to grab a hold of the tree and pull the ornaments off) - there were needles everywhere! And I was tired of tired of saying 'damn, there's another needle stuck in my foot' and when Caelyn took her underwear off Christmas Eve, and she had a pine needle in her butt crack, Kel and I decided the tree was gone the day after Christmas! I miss the lights at night, but do not miss those damn needles one bit! And have to say that our new shop vac is AMAZING! and a life saver! Thanks so much Mike and Tina!!



I have pictures galore. From Christmas Eve, which we spend at Kel's Grandma's (who we all refer to as Granny Whitehair! :) And from Christmas morning at home, and then Kel's Mom and Dad's for brunch and gifts, and then Christmas Evening at my brother's with all of the family. And I will try and add them later.



Gryfinn's surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids is Jan 5th. One week from today. And my stomach is in knots over it. I know it is a pretty standard procedure and blah blah blah - but he is our sweet little 34-35 pound 4 year old boy. And surgery of any kind scares the shit out of me. And the recovery, I worry about that. Jarrod was 5, and so sick after his. And Gryfinn is just so pitiful when he gets sick as it is. He gets worn down so easy, and it seems to take so long to get him back to himself. So I just worry how things will be for him. But we will already have a script for nausea, just in case, and I will not hesitate to take him back to the hospital. So, if you pray, please pray for Gryfinn, if you don't, please think about him, next Wednesday, and the days following. Pray/good thoughts, for a smooth surgery, and a super fast, super easy recovery.

I am trying to get caught up on blogs - well, I have probably read most things, just haven't commented yet. I'm slacking. But I will get on it here soon! :o)

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Glad to hear you had a fabulous Christmas at your house.
I'm trying to put my tree down now....it's not dead...it's fake and the kids are all pretty upset. I suppose I'll take it down in bits and pieces.

So sorry your little man has to get his tonsils and adnoids taken out.
I hope that the surgery goes flawlessly and that he recovers quickly.

Hope to see some pictures soon too.

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. I'm "cracking" up at the pine needle in Caelyn's crack comment! :)
Is Gryf really only 35 pounds? Wow, he's tiny huh? Maddie is 36 1/2 pounds at 3 years. Well, I can't blame you for being anxious about surgery - hope he breezes through it! Can't wait to see photos. And still waiting to see how the curly sue do turned out!