Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Time heals, but you still miss them

I am sitting here. Listening to Kelly read to Caelyn, Gryfinn watching videos on you tube and Jarrod and Jayk upstairs talking.  And I wish I would have been able to share my family with you. They really are amazing and I know that you would adore them all so much. You would love watching them all play baseball. And they would all have you wrapped around their little fingers. You would be so proud to watch Jarrod with the band. Jaykie's humor would crack you up. Gryfinn's math skills would amaze you. And Caelyn would just absolutely melt your heart. 

I can't believe that it has been 16 years. I remember that day like it was yesterday. And when I think about it, I get that feeling in my stomach, that lump in my throat and that overwhelming sadness in my heart. 

I miss you, Dad. 

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I believe that he is enjoying them and is so proud of theirs and your accomplishments.
:( I'm sorry you lost your dad.

K J and the kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.